Marion wanted to go with us but didn't want to crash our party. No way, having another adult along was so nice. With lunches packed and a van full of eager people we were off on the 2.5 hour drive before 8am. I'm still proud of that.
Thanks for going with us Marion, it was a long day and without you we would have given in much, much sooner. Thanks to my mom too, she let me take her camera along so I didn't have to haul my big heavy one.
They have this amazing water area for kids called Pollywog Park. Mini water slides, fountains and water guns all right in front of the chairs. The big barrell on top fills up every 5 or so minutes, a bell rings and then it dumps out all over the area, very cute.
It was on the colder side for the water rides but the kids could have cared less. Marion and I floated the lazy river and almost came out dry. We stayed there for a couple hours and then went back to the rides. With the cooler temps, it was perfect ride weather.
Reed was loving every ride he went on. Kat was a perfect riding companion for him too. She would let him have total steering control, of course that was just his style. The only problem with him riding was he didn't ever want to get off and threw a huge fit every time. Even if we went right back on.
After riding this train coaster twice, I had to literally peel him up off the filthy floor after he threw himself down kicking and screaming. Honestly, it looked like I was kidnapping him. The stares we got!
Here he is in the middle of another fit. The kids wanted to drive these vintage cars and the whole time we were waiting in line he heard the 3 big kids talk about driving their own car. That meant he got to as well, right? Wrong. We tried the yellow car with Milo and Nate but had to take him off because he was crying about not sitting in front of the wheel.
We tried the white car with Dane and I. Again, another huge fit and more stares so we sent Dane off on his own. He begged and begged so we tried again when Marion and Kat got in their car. More crying over not being the driver.
So we left the ride and I had to force buckle him into his stroller so he wouldn't run back to the cars. If only there were video to go with this photo, ha. I was breaking a sweat getting him into that dang thing too. Stinker.
Marion and Kat in the 'exact blue car' that Kat desperately wanted to get. They were laughing as their ride ended. They heard Reed screaming all the way around the track. Sheesh, a 2 yr old at an amusement park is exhausing.
Kathryn and Nathan were brave enough to go on the Panic Plunge with Milo. No thank you!
Milo's not so sure he ever wants to go on one of those rides again. The kids would have gone again in a second.
There was the merry-go-round.
In my $5 Walmart glasses and lazy river hair.
The bumper cars, fun to watch as they figured out how to work them.
Especially Dane trying to 'get' Milo.
And their last ride, Thunder Canyon. The kids had been wanting to ride it all day but we knew it would soak them so we put them off until later in the day (we saw it right when we got there). I completely forgot about it until we passed it on our way out of the park at almost 9pm. Of course they wanted to ride it even though at this point it was only 58 degrees outside. They were so soaked, they could wring out their socks. I felt bad about suggesting the ride, their teeth chattered all the way to the car. With some major convincing they took their pants off for the ride home.
It didn't take long for them to end up like this.
And this. We all had a great, exhausting, fun, busy, cool, walk for hours day. See ya next year Silverwood.
15 comments:
Are your kids really tall enough to ride all of those rides? When did this happen? Looks fun! I miss Silverwood.
Kat's tipped head in the last picture says it all!
I'm with Carolyn, who knew they were tall enough? Oh Melanie, they are growing up so fast.
What fun day! And can I just say that it makes me feel less alone to know that other 2 1/2 years old boys like to throw themselves on the floor in screaming fits :)
I loved your last post about Facebook. So true. I love that quote...in the thick of thin things...thank you for sharing that!
Also, how is your mom doing? Did they ever figure out why the seizure? Is she feeling back to normal?
I have never been to silverwood, and I think this post has convinced me I need to check it out. Q would love that water park!!
you and milo should have ridden the aftershock. freakin scariest ride on earth! i went on it and when i got off i was surprised to find myself crying. i didn't even realize i had started. scary! we try to do a silverwood trip every summer, but somehow it hasn't happened the last 2 summers, :(
The passed out kids are hilarious, I love it when that happens.
You were brave to take Reed to a place with such potential for fits.
Although the ML water park wasn't as fantastic, I'm glad we ran into you guys there - that was fun to visit and spend time in the water and "sun". Can you believe summer vacation is over?!
That place looks awesome! Can my family come next year? Love you!
I love the crashed out pictures at the end. That means it was a successful day! That was hilarious how you described peeling Reed off the filthy floor. That made me laugh. He was definitley making you work that day and I'm sure you were tired of it too. Why are 2 yr old's so difficutlt?! Glad you guys had fun and that was nice of Marion to tag along and help out.
Wow, I have a 2 year old who is very similar and $5 Walmart glasses I bought last week! Looks like a fantastic day.
THose pictures of the kids sleeping are hilarious! It says it all about how much fun they had.
Sierra has been begging to go, you almost have me convinced, let's see if you inspire Michael!
Sounds like a blast and a very successful end to the summer fun. Good job getting it in right in time. Love when they crash the whole way home, so peaceful!
Love you guys, miss you and wish I was there with you right now!
Your kids are brave! I can completely relate to breaking a sweat while chasing a 2 year old boy! Just the name "Panic Plunge" would keep me off that thing!
We lived in Spokane for five years and only went to Silverwood twice! It's an exhausting place and I'm a bit phobic of places where I have to deal with kids standing in lines.
Great pics and stories. Of course, I love the one of Reed. You know we all get it, right?:)
Post a Comment