This year's theme is 'I Know My Savior Lives' and it was full of beautiful music about our Savior. I feel like I say this every year but they sang some of my very favorite songs. He Sent His Son and Come, Follow Me were so powerful, of course I cried. A couple kids gave such mature talks, one little girl was only 8 yrs old, she recounted her visit to Carthage Jail and the feeling she had there. It was a definite testimony builder. In our much smaller ward the kids each had a part and sometimes a class song so the program was very personal. Here there is no way that's possible and that's not all bad. 100+ kids singing the songs makes for great volume, you could hear and understand the words of every song. It was amazing.
{had to post an outtake and honestly didn't notice Dane until now, I was too focused on Reed. Boys!}Mike and Marion came down to support the kids, it was so nice of them since we have early church now and it's over an hour drive. We loved having them for dinner (Hawaiian haystacks) and dessert (apple crisp), we've really missed our Sundays together. The funniest part of the afternoon was when Reed came marching out of his bedroom with a diaper in hand and said, 'I'm poopy.' in a serious tone to Mike and then said very matter of fact, 'Change me!'. We all died laughing and Mike quickly said, 'Go find your dad!'.
I've known for awhile Reed has been ready to be potty trained but with all we've had going on in the past couple months, I just kept putting it off. After what he told Mike yesterday I knew I just had to bite the bullet and get him trained. Today he wore underwear all day with no accidents, yay! I'm not delusional enough think every day will be like this but here's hoping we're on our way out with diapers for him.
I've known for awhile Reed has been ready to be potty trained but with all we've had going on in the past couple months, I just kept putting it off. After what he told Mike yesterday I knew I just had to bite the bullet and get him trained. Today he wore underwear all day with no accidents, yay! I'm not delusional enough think every day will be like this but here's hoping we're on our way out with diapers for him.
12 comments:
This does sound like a primary program in our ward... although I think our numbers are fewer now than they have been.
I'm glad you guys had such a good day. I hope your next few months are much easier!
I'm glad your primary program turned out so well. I know what you mean about the huge ward thing. Ours is in a couple of weeks and we have 150 kids in the primary. It will be crazy.
Your kids look so adorable!
And you're potty training Reed! Man, I wish I hadn't read that because it's a huge reminder that I need to do that with Chloe!
I love the primary program. This year i will only have one child in it.....
YOUR kids look so cute.....
I wrote the program again this year (my third year in a row) and have to work on the nightmare of the seating chart this week. Our program is October 24th, but as soon as General Conference is over we'll be practicing in the chapel. We have so many kids that seating is always difficult.
Your kids look so nice, and that outtake photo is hilarious!
I was getting emotional again remembering the sweet program it was until....the "outtake"! Talk about busting a gut! That is priceless! Dane's going to love that one in the future! Oh...I'm still laughing!
It was wonderful to have a Sunday with you guys but like I said, it was hard not being "large and in charge"! I don't mean having the control....it was hard watching you have the work!
Great program! Good times! Wonderful family that I love dearly!
That would be great to have our program done and successful like yours. I love Kat's dress. I'm jealous of Reed being almost done!
Our ward will be in trouble without the Bushman gang singing. They will be missed. Okay....the outtakes pictures made me laugh super hard...still laughing...and the beast and the diaper...that pushed me over the top. Loved Mike's response.
Better yet where did they put all the grandmas and grandpas? I loved all of the music in the program too. Wish I could have been there too. Maybe next year! I love that little Bushman bunch!
We have ours in a few weeks and have a scrawny primary (about 20 kids) so getting the sound out during songs is really a challenge. HOwever, when I think of having a primary as large as yours, and the challenges that that kind of size brings, I think I'll take our 20!
Glad it went so well!
I think several wards had their program last weekend. Ours is still a month away.
That photo of Reed is too cute. Good luck with potty training!
OUr primary program is in a couple weeks and I am excited. This will be the FIRST primary program I have not had to be on the stand for (either as a teacher or in the presidency)...I still cannot believe I actually get to just sit and watch :) I love the primary program, one of my favorite sunday's!!
Our program is the 24th also. I wish we were done with it. We write it all together so it isn't just one person stressed out. I am excited to see how it all turns out and we have a lot of special musical numbers that I think will turn out.
Post a Comment