Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Saturday and Today

I guess I should break this up into two different posts but since my good intentions of posting more don't happen often, here's a big post. (Don't miss the funny at the very end.)

Saturday

I know Dane's not looking here but I had to post this photo. Notice Mike? I didn't until I downloaded these pictures, ha. Cracked me up, thanks for the laugh Mike. Last Saturday we went to a pumpkin patch a couple hours away and we met up with Mike/Marion and Brianne/Tom and their family.

We were there maybe 10 minutes and Reed was dying for the cow train. So Poppy took him right over and they waited in line for a ride. He loved it and rode it 3 times. I was there only 10 minutes and I bought another box of pears to dry. When Milo saw me walking over with this huge box, all he could do was shake his head.

There was a fence maze the kids ran through. Definitely not as cool as a corn maze but I didn't tell the kids that.

Reed loved it. He would run into a dead end then yell, 'Not this way!'

Nathan has the hardest time smiling naturally so when I started teasing him with my camera, I caught this big, adorable, real smile. Love it.

I made everyone stop and pose for a photo. They weren't loving it but are starting to get used to my requests. I love Kat's bandanna. Milo brought the kids home straw hats and bandannas from San Antonio and Kat wore hers for 2 days. Fitting for a pumpkin patch I guess, except for when she waved in front of a couple roosters and ticked them off, ha.

They had quite a few animals around the place. If I ever want a chicken, I want it to be this polka dot lady {I have no idea if they actually lay eggs or not}. I loved these.

Look at this pig! Oh my it didn't even have to move for food. Corn feed was constantly thrown in it's face, can you tell? They had llamas, sheep, a donkey, ducks, goats, turkeys, geese and more I'm probably forgetting right now. The kids loved it and I made sure they visited the 'sanitation station' before we left the petting zoo.

Will that little boy ever look at the camera when I want him too?? Don't expect him to in our Christmas photo either. (I want to try a 3rd time!).

Reed crashed on the way home even with the afternoon sun on his face which he usually begs Nathan to block. We had a great day and wished the Hardy boys could have been there too, that would have made the day that much sweeter.

Snapped a few photos out the window of the Columbia River when we passed by it. We had great views both on the way there and on the way home. Were it not for a sleeping child, I may have made Milo pull over we saw so much gorgeous scenery. Fall leaves/trees, the water, orchards, bridges. I loved it.

Today
  • I spent over two, yes TWO, hours at the Department of Licensing getting my driver's license renewed. The office here is nuts! One small office for all the bigger cities around here. My license expired on my birthday (September 11th) when I was still recovering from my surgeries, I completely forgot about it until now. With it already expired there was no online renewal for me. It was a crazy day there. I did get to listen to an employee almost lose it with someone that didn't want to take no for an answer. A little bit of free entertainment while we waited. From now, especially living here, it will all be done online.
  • Yesterday, Nathan swore he saw a mouse in our garage. I was so disgusted I wouldn't even go get paper towels out of there, I was sure they'd be chewed on. Milo cleaned it out so good last night that today I enjoyed the cleanest garage we've ever had living here. I love it, thanks Milo!
  • It's been crazy windy here for the past few days and my hair has been a mess when I go outside. This afternoon it was full of static and driving me crazy so I pulled it back into a tiny ponytail. When Reed saw it, he turned my head to the side and told me I had 'girl hair'. He also told Milo on Sunday that he had hair all over the back, just none on top. That had all of us laughing.
  • Tonight we had a comedy of errors around here when it came to scripture reading. You know the kind, the 'why are we even doing this' kind. Reed got hurt when he landed on a Cabbage Patch Doll with his face, Nathan was so tired he ended up in bed (crying buckets of tears) and Dane got the giggles he couldn't control. He was signing numbers to me when Milo reading, he held up three fingers on one had and two fingers on the other hand. I wasn't getting what he was doing so I asked him quietly, 'What, do you have to go #2?' (he used to motion that to me as he walked out of a room so I would know where he was for the next half hour, ha). After which he died laughing and couldn't stop. And then it hit me, he was just trying to confirm if we were on verse 32! It was so funny. We did make it to the end of the book of Mormon (not the actual book) and are onto the book of Ether tomorrow. Hopefully with a few less errors.

8 comments:

Jill said...

You guys are full of good times and hilarity at your house, it's great that your sense of humor is in tact.

The number signaling during scripture reading is so funny! I love getting the giggles.

donna said...

I agree, the DMV is crazy!!! I hate going there...
Wonderful pictures..

Becky Noftle said...

It takes some of my kiddos 32 min. to go #2! Sounds like Nate needed bed more than scriptures---lately me too, too much!

Heidi said...

That pumpkin patch looked like just as much fun as ours!

That is funny about the scripture reading story. :) Good job on even doing scripture reading as a family!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Hey looks like so much fun! Was there any dead fish? Ha, ha

becca said...

Great pictures! Looks like the pumpkin patch was so much fun!

I just got finished renewing brandon's license online. I LOATHE the DMV. I have panic attacks just thinking of having to go there. I am so sorry you had to do it!

Lucy said...

I agree that your sense of humor keeps the good times rolling when crying could totally be in order.

I am such a failure when it comes to family scripture study. I have failed every single time I have tried to implement it (breakfast, at dinner, before bed....). HOrrible!

Shaila Lou said...

Looks like so much fun and wish we could have been there as well. There won't be anything exciting during Christmastime since we have to sit inside with the cold!