Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Fun

I sit here and think it's only been a few days since I last posted and it's been a week. Man time flies.

We had a busy weekend. Friday after Milo was off work I was dead set on taking family photos. I planned on setting it up myself and hoping we could get a good one with the timer. It was bad timing (close to dinner) but decent lighting so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. Not the greatest plan but I was pretty determined. We bribed the kids with Red Robin and though I'm not convinced they earned it we went after it was over because I was beat and in no mood to cook dinner. To add a little embarrassment to the night, Dane was double fisting his fries after he drenched them in ketchup. He said he was that hungry.

Reed was such a stinker (this is his 'storm cloud' face, he wasn't giving me much sunshine!). He wanted to sit when we had him stand. When we pointed to the camera, he checked out the ground. He saw a boat on the river, dogs walking the path, birds in the sky and of course had to go potty across the park. There is one that is doable but I don't love it. Everyone looks good, has a decent smile, looking at the camera except for Reed. His face is squished up with his eyes closed. I really want to go out again. Guess we'll see how the weather fares in the next couple days. I'll have to think of a cheaper bribe that Red Robin. Ideas?

Saturday we went up to Moses and watched a grid kids football game of Milo's little brothers. The rest of the afternoon we hung out at Marion's. We chatted, the kids watched TV, played Wii and got along great. It was great and felt like one of our old Sunday dinners. She made us homemade chili and scones which was perfect since it rained all afternoon. Reed of course wouldn't touch the chili but he kept going back to grab another 'pancake'. He loved the scones. We didn't stay late, we knew Sunday was a big day too.

Kyle and Heidi blessed baby Lindsay yesterday in Mattawa. It was a nice blessing, she was perfect and didn't make a squeak. They have 9am church and we needed to be out of the house before 8. It made for a very early morning. It was so worth it but I forgot my camera dang it. I was disappointed. Good thing Heidi already blogged so I could swipe this photo of Jill, Kyle, my dad (theirs too, ha), Lindsay and I. I don't have flat shoes on here. So short am I!

After the blessing we jaunted another 20 or so miles (I have no idea) to a different town to celebrate my cousin Becky's 40th birthday on 10-10-10. She is an amazing woman and I love her to pieces, it was great to give her a birthday hug (along with 75 other people) and laugh about her actual iv bag of Diet Coke as a gag gift.

Today was spent catching up on laundry, laundry and more laundry. Tonight for FHE we were going to have Kathryn give a lesson she planned at activity day and make treats but it all started melting down just before dinner. Even me. I think the weekend caught up with us. I realized even though the clothes were clean, with being gone a couple days the list was still long. So we sort of made it a game and everyone had to clean up the whole house. Doesn't that sound like fun?? Only one fought the game (ehem, Nate) and so many hands did make light work. Now the dusting is done, the mirrors cleaned, gargabe out, and a few more things were crossed off. Dane actually got into it and ran up to me for his 'next job'. Nice. Of course there is still plenty to do but I'll glady take all the help I can get.

9 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I do love it when you post. I think your fhe game was brilliant.

It's fun to see you kids together.

I miss you.

Granny DeeAnn said...

What? I didn't think Reed took after me? After seeing that picture I'm thinking maybe he does! Love that 'tude'! What a nice trait to pass on to my grandkids. I must have plenty of it though cause everyone still calls me "Maxine!" Sorry, I'll repent...... someday.

Brenda said...

Great post. You've inspired me to blog again...but I may take a nap first.

donna said...

Where did you go for family pictures?

Did you make it to the barn?

Angie said...

that picture of Reed is absolutely awesome!!

Heidi said...

HA HA HA HA HA! I laughed so hard at that picture of Reed! His face is hilarious! Preston most likely would be thrashing and crying. I take him on Friday to Penney's so let's cross our fingers he cooperates. Family pics are another story.

Even with such an early Sun morning I'm so thankful you guys came. It was fun to have the kids play and to see you guys again.

Kristin said...

I have been wondering how the family pictures went. How fun that you were able to catch those family events.

Melinda said...

I shouldn't have read this! We are having our pictures taken friday! I worry about RYan and what he will pull. Plus we are doing it right before dinner!

Jill said...

I'm taking Melinda's Family pictures on Friday, so now I'm scared! Ha. Not really, it's way harder to do a family self-portrait with no one behind the camera giving direction. You're a champ for trying it, especially just before dinner!