Friday, November 26, 2010

Closing Out November

  • It's been such a busy week and a half since I last blogged. With the kids home everyday for over a week, a big snow storm throwing things off, Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping, Christmas decorating, etc; there has been something every single day. I don't mind busy except for the fact that cleaning and laundry get way behind. Way, way behind.
  • Monday of last week it snowed more than we have seen since moving here last January. The kids were in heaven. I have no idea how they stayed outside almost the entire day but they were loving every minute of it. I had to force them in when the sun went down.
  • The next morning they were right back out there. The boys were determined to make a snow fort. I felt bad letting them stay out and freeze because it wasn't packing snow at all. They figured it out after a couple hours.
  • I don't have a photo for this one but it's a good one. The kids were done playing outside for a little while and they came in to warm up before going back out. Kathryn brought me her glasses, and told me they broke when she was outside. The frames were broken apart and the lens was out. Sheepishly, she told me she really wanted an icicle off of the house and so she used to glasses to get them down. Threw them up over and over trying to get the ice down. Not her gloves. Not her hat. Not even her boot. Her glasses! This might be her most 'blonde' moment yet. I took her in to the Dr in the middle of that storm, her Rx had expired 2 week earlier so no new glasses without an exam. By the way, super glue works wonders while we wait for her new pair to come in, hopefully Friday.
  • We spent a couple days at Marion's for Thanksgiving. We had a great time staying at her house. We haven't stayed like that before because we've always lived so close. Reed didn't want to leave, he kept asking to go back. Her full candy drawer might have something to do with that.
  • Marion and I spent Wednesday getting ready and with the two of us (and Leisha), the job didn't seem as big as it did on paper. This is her attempting to give me stink eye over photos but really I can see her smile. I could be in trouble for posting this photo but I know there's one I'd get in more trouble for, ha.
  • Milo was in charge of the turkey and he took his every 15 minute job of basting very serious. Marion used Bobby Flay's recipe and we all liked it.
  • This little boy couldn't make it to dinner, playing with cousins wore him out. He threw a screaming fit as we were getting ready to sit down and I knew he was done. I laid him down not sure if he'd fall asleep with the dinner tables right outside his door but he was that tired and out like a light in a few minutes. Dinner was so nice not having to factor in the mess an almost 3 yr old makes.
  • Milo's brother Ryan and family were in town also and they blessed their baby girl Thanksgiving night. She is so precious, perfect really. I wanted to hold her all night and so did Nathan and Dane. They both love babies.
  • I went out on Black Friday and met up with some of my cousins to shop the day away. Usually I almost finish my shopping on that day but this year, I seriously lacked vision. I guess I don't feel the pressure to get it all done in one day anymore. I live by the stores now, ha. Still so much to do (including two birthdays on the 20th and 23rd), good thing I wont have the drive to get it done.
  • Saturday I convinced Milo to drag out all the Christmas bins. Don't you just love our 'pre-lit' tree? There are about 15 working bulbs on the entire thing. Ugh. I've known this tree was on it's last leg for at least the last 3 years but I just keep holding out for that great sale I'm going to come upon to get a new one. Now it sits decorated with 5 strands of lights added to cover the burnt out bulbs that Dane keeps pointing out. This has to be the year I retire this sad tree and find a new one. Really.
  • We changed church buildings a couple weeks ago after they made a new ward in our stake. Changing buildings changed our time slot for church as well. We moved from 9-12 to 1-4. Big difference in the winter (it's dark when we get out) and such fun with a 3 yr old.
  • Tonight I stood in front of the calendar just trying to figure out a plan of attack for December and all I need to get done. I'm just awe struck (maybe dumb struck) at how fast this year has gone. We've almost lived here a year, crazy.

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh, it definitely feels like a full year to me that you've been gone. Definitely.

I love the picture of you and Milo. That's a great one.

Ohhhhhh, did you bonk Kat? Did you lose your cool?

Can't wait to see you. ARe you coming this way in december?

Granny DeeAnn said...

OK our weather is going to be in the 60s this week. Can you warm yours up a little before I get there? I might go into cultural shock! I want a turkey just like that for Christmas, so tell Milo we want a repeat performance! Oh and no pressure but get that shopping done cause I just want to read books to my grandkids! lol That's all I want for Christmas!

becca said...

I am cracking up at the tree. :) Once they are decorated with lights, no one can tell the difference :)

Love the snow pictures, that is A LOT of snow!!

Kat is pretty funny. Glasses? Out of of everything else she could have thrown. That is pretty classic adn a story you will be telling for YEARS!! :)

Brenda said...

Ugg. I'm not even close to finishing Christmas shopping. Thanks so much for the reminder. And Kat...bless your little heart girl.

Jill said...

I love it when the kids get to play in the snow all day, it's such a glorious part of childhood. Our big snow this week came on Sunday so they didn't get to play in it.

I can't imagine how Kat decided to use her glasses that way, it sounds like you handled it well though.

Dustin and Tara said...

Ok. That made me laugh about Katherine and the icicle! That is hilarious! Good thing for blogging so you can remember these stories when she is older:)! And your tree made me laugh....I love capturing the pictures though of all the fun moments!

Shaila Lou said...

Yuck new church time! Hate that time!

We went with a real tree this year and have loved it! Our fake wasn't pre-lit anyways!

Love the picture of mom! She's beautiful!

Meadow looks adorable! I want to snuggle her!

Bet the kids had fun in the snow! The boys are going to be sad if they don't get to play in any when we get there! I won't be complaining though!