If today is any indication of how the rest of this month is going to go, I should probably go into hiding. The rundown-
:: 2 hour delay for the kids, school started at 10:45. They walked with our amazing neighbors.
:: I threw a half frozen roast in the crock pot to make dinner for the missionaries tonight. They are dang lucky they gave me a reminder call last night.
:: I had a color/cut appt at 10. She got here at 11:05.......
:: She walked out the door at ten to 1 and Reed had not eaten lunch yet. Great parenting, I know.
:: My presidency meeting started at 1.
:: 2 more haircuts showed up as we were finishing our meeting at close to 3 (I had pretty much forgotten they were coming at this point).
:: Straight into the kitchen for dinner prep, missionaries were coming at 5:30. Nice and easy so no complaints there. Shredded pork tacos, green salad and creamy salsa dip and chips. Decided against dessert (I don't need it) and fed them banana bread I made yesterday. They were full when they left so mission accomplished.
:: After dinner they were getting ready to share a message with us before they left for an appointment and Reed wet his pants all over the couch. Lovely.
:: I wont name names but we had whining, wailing and gnashing of teeth from more than one person, all over dinner clean up (it was a pretty big mess).
:: After two certain boys took showers and calmed their moods, we read scriptures and they were in bed before 8. Without one sound of protest. Everyone was tired.
:: I'm headed to bed. I believe tomorrow will be here a bit too soon.
8 comments:
Sleep tight cousin.
Oh the JOYS of motherhood. You are amazing Mel...don't ever forget it!:0) Can't wait to see you soon! We are coming on the 26th or so. Hooray!
Look on the bright-side, you had something to blog about..
Goodness, what a crazy day, but how satisfying that you pulled it off!
I hope you got some good sleep! I feel like this is how my day goes every day also. I hope the rest of your month gets easier.
Sounds like someone needs a pressure cooker.....!
Wow. I love that you won that photo contest!
That story of Kathryn and the glasses/icicle will be classic for years to come. So funny/sad.
I will be there with you next year on the church schedule. They added a ward to our building so we'll be bumped to the 1 p.m. also and I too will have a cranky 2-3 year old.
Wow, sounded like a fabulous day that I try avoiding! Haha!
Post a Comment