2. For a couple years my mom has been telling me I could have her Bosch mixer if I just went to Vegas and picked it up. This year I told her I wanted that shipped for my present which is asking quite a lot, she hates sending anything. Especially something large and heavy requiring extra packing care. It's a Christmas miracle because she sent it! I've made bread/breadsticks and cinnamon rolls so far. Oh this pan of cinnamon rolls was deadly, I love them too much. There's still quite a big learning curve (too many rolls in the pan causing a huge spill over in the oven) but I'm really excited to have it. Thanks UPS store for taking care of the packing and Thanks mom for getting it here. I love it!3. Reed is at such a fun age right now. Frustrating yes, but also very funny. He's always ready to throw 'the guys' under the bus and tell on them and he comes up with some pretty random statements that make us laugh. Yesterday morning he came into my room before 7:30 with a makeshift 'shield and sword' (Lego grass and a long Lego piece) and with his 'sword' pointing right at me he said really loud, 'I am a Lamanite!'. I love that he has that in his vocabulary but should I be concerned about what Lamanite years he's talking about?
4. Last night was our Relief Society activity for the month. We has a light dinner (that turned out to not be so light) and we also had a service exchange. I gifted a haircut and style and received babysitting and dinner. I feel kind of bad, it's from a sister that only has two young kids but she's determined and already approached me at the end of last night. She wants to watch my kids and then send us home with dinner. So nice! The presidency and committee did all the cooking and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Our menu was huge for a 'light dinner'. We had, meatballs, smokies, spanikopita, tortilla roll ups, pickled asparagus, veggies, baked brie, bruschetta, spiced cider and more I'm leaving out. Attendance wasn't great, there was sports, holiday concerts and people out of town so we had a ton of leftovers . Dinner tonight family!
5. The other day I was getting ready in my room and I had been having the no more TV fight with Reed. He could watch it all day and while that's tempting, I limit him. I had turned it off and told him to find some of his toys to play with. I came out and found he was playing with the nativity. It's not set up, and in a tote but he took it all out, set it up and was talking to the angel and baby Jesus. Adorable.
10 comments:
Ryan is always playing with our nativity also and loves the baby Jesus. He also says the best stuff ever.
Aren't Bosch's the best thing ever! I have my mom's also from when I was growing up. I think they are way better than the Kitchen aids.
Good job on using your Bosch already! Yeah, those cinnamon rolls are crammed in that pan! ha ha. :) They look yummy though. Good job Dee Ann.
That RS dinner sounds like a lot of work! Lots of little things to prepare. We have ours tonight.
Seeing Reed play with baby Jesus is too cute and having him act like he's a Lamanite is adorable! That's amazing he even knows what that is. Good job parents. ;)
I love my Bosch...it is a lifesaver! Those rolls look delicious!!
We have that same nativity set and Brody is loving it too!
I love your posts. Other than not being able to hear you laugh, I feel like I'm getting my hair cut.
When are you coming our way?
Why, oh why did my mother throw out her Bosch? I'm going to blame my substandard baking skills on her. And I heart the Little People Nativity. Perfection.
Those cinnamon rolls look fabulous. I would love a Bosch! How great that your mom sent it to you.
I love the picture of Reed at the bottom. So cute.
Oh yummy! Those cinnamon rolls look DELISH! I just might make a 75 min drive over from Royal one morning for breakfast! I know how much Aunt DeeAnn LOATHES sending things, it's like a Christmas miracle! ha ha! Love you all!
Holly it was a Christmas miracle, Halloween miracle, 4th of July miracle, Easter miracle, and a miracle my iPad can spell miracle!! I want hot homemade bread. I speak the heel.
I love the picture with Reed. I love capturing the 'normal' activities. Someday we'll look back and those will be our favorite photos!
Cinnamon rolls look delish! I have not had good luck cooking them on that pan, and I always cook them in two 9x13 pans. Plus then I can give one away if I want! I love giving people food! ha!
So nice of your mom to sacrifice the pain of sending that to you! Love having a mixer, it makes baking so much more fun.
Reed looks very sweet and innocent wit his little nativity!
Post a Comment