Monday, December 13, 2010

Full Day

:: Today started off nice and slow but once 2pm hit it was fast paced till bedtime.

:: I worked in Dane's classroom helping the teacher get the parent gifts ready. They are going to be pretty cute.

:: I took some cookies to a sister in law that's moving. I thought she'd like a treat with her kitchen packed up and I needed those Peanut Blossoms out of this house. Like the cinnamon rolls, they are just too good to sit there and not be eaten.

:: The kids came home in the best mood all because of this gorgeous rainbow. It was 58 degrees here today. Sunny and beautiful. Once school was out it started to rain and there was the biggest double rainbow I've seen in a long time. You could see end to end. A rainbow in December, lovely! (it started raining so hard I could only take a photo under the eaves of the house, I didn't want my camera wet but here's proof of the rainbow.) That great moment lasted about a minute.

:: It went downhill from there. Kat got her fingers smashed in the door, Dane started this because he was the one that did it (on accident) and I was trying to hurry him along which is never a good idea during one of his meltdowns. Thankfully, Nathan was pretty low on the radar this afternoon but Reed was running away from me extremely crazy while I was trying to get him ready to go to the mall. Yeah, who takes a 3 yr old to the mall at 5 pm??

:: Tonight we did because Kat was singing with her school choir. They sang for 30 minutes and she was so happy and singing as loud as she could. She loves choir. She even recruited people for candy, ha. I asked her over and over if she was supposed to dress up and she said no so I let it go (not like my mother there, ha!). Nice that everyone else got the memo.

:: This is definitely not Reed's best time of day, isn't this a great photo? He was trying to pull my coat off he was so mad. The people around us were giving us some major stink eye for smiling and taking this photo but I couldn't resist. He was sooo mad at us. I really need to color my hair. Thank you mall lighting.

:: He perked up after I put him in the germ filled stroller (two of them had spilled milk in them, so sick). Our old umbrella stroller just wasn't good enough for him tonight. Stinker.

:: After that we had a nice cheap dinner from McDonald's. For the record, Reed was great there. Nuggets with sweet and sour sauce and he's good to go.

:: After our dinner we went out to my aunt's house to pick up something from her and see her very cool Christmas decorations. Her tree really feels nostalgic to me. I remember visiting her during the holidays and her ornaments, stockings and decorations are still the same (in a 'cool vintage' way, not a 'time to retire these decorations' way). I should have taken a few photos but I was too worried Reed was going to break a few.

:: We weren't done yet. On the way from her house to ours, I knew we'd pass a business that synchronizes their Christmas lights with music on a radio station. We had two cars (Milo met us at the mall after work) so Milo patiently followed me all around until we found the lights.

:: It was very cool, we all loved it. This isn't a great photo ( it's a very small glimpse of how big it is and how many trees are covered in lights) but the lights were times perfectly with the music and every little tree branch was covered in lights. The thought of putting that together makes me feel pretty dumb. How do people think of these things?

:: A few of the songs were Christmas rock music and I knew Milo would have the music up really loud. He sent me a text that the boys were rockin outside his sunroof. He was a few cars down so I ran down and took this. They had so much fun, we will definitely need to go back.

:: Reed fell asleep on the way home and went right to bed, even smiled when I put his jammies on.

:: We read scriptures with the big kids and finished Moroni chapter 9. They were off to bed without complaint too.

::What a day. A good day.

15 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man. You did fill it chock full! And....you found time to make some wonderful comments/letters on my blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I was just going to comment on how good your hair looks and then you mentioned it needed done. I'm thinking you haven't seen hair that needs done lately. Mine is almost to my shoulders, really. It hasn't been this long since I went through that long hair ugly stage fifteen years ago. It needs done really badly.

I love the picture of Milo and the boys. Where's the house? We'll be down for a temple trip on Saturday and I'd love to see it. Would you mind sending the whereabouts? (You know...over by Red Robin or over by Baskin Robbins or over by Anthony's. I'm good with directions as long as there is a food reference somewhere in it :)

donna said...

wow , you had a busy day...
Oh i am glad you took a picture of the rainbow. I didn't ....
Hey what business synchronizes their Christmas lights with music on a radio station?

Amie said...

I'm exhausted.... just reading about it.

You do more in a day than I do in a week. I love all the pictures.... beautiful and crazy.

Brenda said...

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! You know why. Love you!

becca said...

Phew...serioulsy, what a day!! I cannot even imagine Brody at the mall at 5pm. Or Brody at the mall period. I don't think I have been there since he was born :(

We went looking at lights this year and found a house that was syncronized to the radio. So fun!! The kids are still talking about it!!


And those cookies look SO GOOD!!

Heidi said...

Yeah, those cookies look good. Mmmm.

I love the melt down pictures. The one of Reed crying and you smiling is hilarious! Kathryn's picture of her in the choir not dressed up made me laugh! That's typical of her to not know about things like that, right?! Oh well...she probably sang dang good. :)

Beautiful rainbow. Breath of fresh air. It's sunny and blue skies this afternoon and it's pretty nice to have a break from overcast skies.

Fun christmas light show! The boys are having a blast and I didn't know Milo had a sunroof!

Jill said...

I L.O.V.E. peanut blossoms. Your mom was the first one ever to make those for me. :) Memo...HA! That made me laugh out loud.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Whew! I'm glad Dane got that melt down over before I got there! Reed too, as a matter of fact. Now they will be perfect little boys before Christmas! Oh yeah.... You would have been dressed in gold or silver glitter with fur trim to sing or have school pictures! And don't forget the updoo with satin ribbons! I'm fine with rainbows, just keep the snow away. 5 days with only 4 left for shopping so you better hurry! I don't know if you did enough today! No pressure ...... lol

Holly said...

Mel...you are one busy woman. You do soo many good things in a day that you amaze me! Love the picture of Reed! Looks like Milo and the boys know how to have a good time. Love and miss you! :0)

Barb said...

That is a busy day. So full of real regular stuff as well as special Christmas stuff.

Marion said...

Good memories, even though some challenging, your kids are remembering. And believe me, theyll remember LOTS more than you will! I always try to have in the forefront of my mind, "what kind of memory am I leaving?". It helps me not through my own fits! Although, I fall short! Love you much!

Vicki Sabin said...

You make me laugh, smile and cry. I think reading your blog's more fun than a good book! I want your recipe for the peanut blossoms - mine always go too flat. And I'm like Jane - where is the place with all the lights. And would Milo take us in his car so we can hang out the sun roof and hoot and holler!?! Happy Holidays Melanie :)

Melinda said...

I love that you took the pictures of the kids freaking out. I have done that but it just makes them so much more mad but I want to document and show them when they are older.

Those cookies look so good!

The lights are so fun. We still need to do that.

Dustin and Tara said...

Fun post. We got your Christmas card today....way cute! I can't believe how big Reed is. In the picture he looks bigger than Dane. I forgot to tell you I got my blog book finally sent in. I can't wait to get it. A lot of work though...but I'm sure it will all pay off once I see the book:)!

Shaila Lou said...

Love the two tantrum boys and love Kathryn singing with her school choir...in her sneakers! That is one busy afternoon.