Monday, December 20, 2010

Have You Seen This? & A Birthday

My mom found these photos on KSL tonight when she was reading about the Provo Tabernacle fire. When she showed me these photos (which I'm sure most of you may have seen), I was speechless. I had goosebumps and was in awe of the painting, completely charred except for Christ in the middle.

Amongst the rubble.

Firefighters in awe too. You can read an article here and see more photos here.

Another reminder to focus on Christ this week. I'm grateful for these reminders (that don't always need to be so big, sad and traumatic) because in the bustle of Christmas and two birthdays in a span of 5 days, sometimes I lose my focus.

And on another note..... Today is Milo's 33rd birthday. He came home early from work and we caught a late matinee of Harry Potter (finally). We both loved the movie and I like watching it with him because he remembers so much more from the books than I do. He patiently answers all my questions when I'm lost and confused. Even though I love the books and have read most of the books more than once, I have serious retention issues.

After the movie we came home and Milo opened presents. Reed was pretty jealous of the presents and had a pouty lip when we told him his birthday wasn't for a few more days. We love our dad, husband and friend in this house. He makes things much more fun.

Happy Birthday Milo! We love you!

8 comments:

Lyle and Mary: said...

Happy Birthday Milo!
I had heard about the picture. Thanks for the links.
As far as the memory retention...it only gets worse. At least we still remember each other!
Merry Christmas Bushmans!

donna said...

very cool..

donna said...

very cool..

Jill said...

That charred picture gives me goosebumps!

Happy birthday to Milo!

Heidi said...

Isn't that picture cool?! I saw someone's link about it on facebook. I want to see HP! Glad you got to go (I'm going to be like you and not remember anything. ha ha.)

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to Milo! Hope he has a great day.

Okay, I live here and I did not see those pictures! Holy cow that is amazing.

becca said...

I saw that picture, it really is amazing!

Shaila Lou said...

Those pictures are crazy!

I'm the same way with books, movies, anything. I don't retain it at all and can't remember many details later.

Pretty sad that it's been this long since I've read your blog, though I know I've looked a pictures a couple times! :)