--I figured out why Reed has random accidents when I haven't give him a drink in hours. He told me he 'likes bathroom water better'. Alright then.--We were so lazy today. Really lazy. We went to the play last night and didn't make it home until after 12:30am. I had a hard time settling down to sleep and it was close t0 2:30am when I finally gave in. Nathan had a basketball game this morning (why we didn't stay the night) and after lunch we crashed. Dane and Reed fell asleep. Milo was next and after I decided I didn't want to clean, I joined them. I can't remember indulging in a Saturday nap since I was sick last fall. Our phones didn't ring and the house was dead silent. Glorious.
--Speaking of the play, we brought Marion some flowers for her last night. They were in crinkly plastic so I told Milo to just put them on a table outside the theater. He didn't like that idea but I didn't like the idea of trying to keep them quiet or going back out into the cold to get them. By the time intermission rolled around, someone had stolen the flowers! I'm not usually a trusting person so this is a case of role reversal. Most of the time it's Milo saying, 'It's fine, leave them there' and me saying, 'No, someone is going to take them'. He loves it when he's right. I sure hope the stolen flowers brightened someone's night, ha!
--Today is our last day of satellite for the time being. We've thought about it and thought about it (and even thought about it more actually) and decided to use that money every month to help pay off Milo's student loan faster. It could have everything to do with my listening to Dave Ramsey a few times a week (I love his straight talk about money and debt) and nothing to do with my moral stance against TV. Tonight Milo is watching his last basketball game on cable channels and I'm going to catch up on a few of my shows. We will have the digital bunny ears but how will we ever get used to watching live TV and watching shows the actual time they start?? Thankfully the loans are not huge and should be paid off soon so going without satellite for awhile will be all worth it. It will, right???
--I'm not a fan of the recent cold snap. Nor do I like the predicted snow flurries a couple times this next week. I have been happy with the sun though so I should stop murmuring, it could be worst.
--The naps are starting to feel not quite as glorious as they did earlier. Reed keeps sneaking out with ailments and hunger and Dane is tapping the wall over and over. Go to sleep kids, you're still tired and recovering from last night's bedtime. I'm not going to be nice much longer, even with said nap.
6 comments:
I can't believe the flowers were stolen!!! How generous of you to donate them. haha.
I love naps. Good job for taking one. Sometimes it just needs to be done.
I admire you for canceling your dish tv to pay off your loans faster. That would be hard for me to do, but in the end it will be nice getting rid of that debt and will be freeing. I still want to listen to Dave.
Saturday naps are always so nice.. I may have a Sunday nap today.
wow someone stole the flowers? BUMMER!!!!
We LOVE dave and listen to him all the time......
We have been super productive on this 3 day weekend and now I'm checking out. We're having a lazy Monday instead;) And maybe you all could look into getting an HD Antenna. We almost did that once. You pay 50 dollars for the antenna and that's it. No monthly charges...or so I've been told. We haven't taken the leap yet.
I miss Sunday naps. Next year they will be back.
Holy cow! What is wrong with people?? I can't believe they stole your flowers. Seriously.
Oh Reed is so cute!!
I think it's great you are giving up satalite. I used to love TV, but there is very little I like to watch anymore. I HATE with a capital H reality shows,....it turns out that the only shows I watch anymore are re-runs of Friends and Seinfeld on TBS :) Oh, nad the Thursday shows :)
but from the people I know that have given up cable or satelite...they don't even miss it and usually wonder how they ever found time to watch TV before they got rid of it!!
Love the picture of Reed sneaking his drink of water!! Haha!
Post a Comment