1. I simply do not feel like blogging. I'm not in any rut or sadness, no health woes and not any added stress or anxiety. I don't really have an answer as to why other than I just. don't. feel. like it. I'm missing kid funnies and family history and, and, and...
2. It could have something to do with rarely taking photos. There, I guess that's my rut.
3. I can't stop eating Sour Cream Banana Bars. I have to give them away by the plate full, they are too tempting for me but are so good.
4. We have started looking at homes to buy. So far it's hard to find a house with space I can cut hair in. For 8+ years I did hair off to the side of our kitchen and it took over the whole house. This house we are in has a perfect room off the garage. I can shut the door and forget about it until it's time to do hair again. We've only just begun to look but I feel like it's not going to be easy to have the space I want in our price range. I need patience, patience, patience. I know it's the time of year for sellers to list so I'm working on not getting too uptight about when the right house will come up. I know it will and I'm praying we both get that 'this is the one' feeling.
5. One kid funny for the week. Reed's Sunbeam teacher emailed me Sunday night and told me what he shared in class. He flexed his arm and asked her, 'Want to touch my gun?' She felt his arm muscle and he said, 'Didn't your mom tell you not to play with guns?'. This kid! Milo was joking around months and months ago with all the boys and was telling it to the older boys and of course Reed copied. He hasn't said it in a long time that I know of but naturally it would come out at church (isn't that where all family secrets are told?). I told his teacher I wasn't sure if I should be embarrassed or laugh out loud. Both i guess.
11 comments:
Oh, me too. I can't make sour cream banana bars, or I eat them ALL!
Love the "gun show" joke!!
Yes, it's can be very scary what kids tell their teachers!!! haha.
I hear ya on the rut of blogging. Or lack of blogging, whatever it is.
Don't bring the sour cream banana bars over here. Lands, I am having a hard time this week with my sugar cravings.
Glad you blogged, even if you didn't feel like it:)
Mel~ I will help you find a house..... Text me your info, the size of house, and the price... I know of a really cute~ BUT older house, that will be going up for sell this summer.. It is in our ward. Ann has remodel the house, it is a split level home, big back yard.. The neighborhood has lots of children, and the house is in a well established neighborhood.
Funny, I really want to be blogging right now, totally in the mood lately and doing my google reader again so I can read them too. People just don't blog like they used to though. As I'm seeing. But lack of pictures keeps me from blogging, or too many pictures too. I have lots of old posts I need to work on now.
Oh how I love banana bars!
Had just read that quote of Reed's on your FB wall. That is SOOO hilarious! Good job teaching it Milo. (It also makes me amazed that he can talk that well when Winston doesn't talk.)
Good luck house hunting! Patience is a virtue. :)
The "Reed" story is definitely a funny one! He can make anyone smile!
The house will come like you said...with patience. But that's not an easy task. I'll pray for you, too.
Don't feel bad about not having the blogging bug...some days I don't have the "do anything" bug!
You are wonderful. oxoxox
Jason took my camera to China so I haven't been taking pictures which means I don't feel like blogging either.
The guns is hilarious! Being in Primary for sooo long, you hear everything from kids. It's pretty funny.
Oh Melanie, I am in the exact same rut! I think I left my camera in the cupboard for 3 weeks straight! I am just not in the mood to take pictures, and without pictures, I don't blog either. :( I know i am going to regret it....
How exciting (and OH SO STRESSFUL) to be looking at homes to buy! I know the right one will come along and you will "just know"! I feel like the older I get and the longer I stay in the house I am in the pickier and pickier I get! We are busting out of our house, but when I think about what I want (everything I have right where I am at...just a bigger house), it feels impossible to find...not to mention afford!!
Reed is such a doll!
ok so I just must be out of the loop because I have no clue what Sour cram banana bars are...maybe I don't want to know b/c I'd probalby eat them all too. That's so funny about Reed he's always giving me a good laugh as well as Zach. I'm sure you'll find a great home but sometimes it just takes time...u could always move here and get a big house for dirt cheep...if u want to live next to Juarez, Mexico ;)
Like Father like Son. I read this post lastnight and when I thought about it this morning I started giggling again. He didn't only teach it to your boys Mel....where do you think Chris came up with that phrase.....HIS SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER named MILO.
Can Reed come spend the day with Me?? We could compare guns!
Post a Comment