Monday, March 28, 2011

The Grind

Lately, the daily grind has kept us going around here. Lots of hair appts, the science fair, a broken washer (again!) and much more that feels too mundane to write (dinner, cleaning, breakfast, cleaning....even though the house doesn't look like it!).

Oh and I lost, literally lost my glasses sometime on Tuesday or maybe it was Wednesday, I'm not sure but I was going crazy without them. More on them later....

The science fair is optional here until the 5th grade and I'm all for that but all 3 kids wanted to participate. They can buddy up until 5th grade also so the morning the papers were due, I caved and signed them up. I was googling like mad trying to find what the boys were going to do (Kat had her project all lined up with a couple friends) and found one called Taste vs. Smell. We tested 5 juices; smell only, taste only (nose plugged) and taste and smell together. We worked it in as an FHE 'game' and it didn't go too bad. Sure the board is pretty bland but the boys had fun so it's a win.

I just have to add this in, because how often do you see quads rolling around at the science fair? Last year Dane would always talk about his friend and his 'babies'. I thought he meant twins until one time he said his friend had 4 babies in his family. Four??!! She brought them in the last day of school and they were so cute and tiny. Now they just rolled around in that large, long stroller eating Cheerios as happy as can be (every time I saw them anyway). They seriously turned every head that saw them. Adorable (in a 'I'd never want that' kind of way, ha!)

Kat dyed carnations for her project and thankfully had lots of fun with her friends while they waited for the flowers to turn colors. We are going to have to put our thinking caps on for next year and find something unique, this was a popular project. She loved going around to all the projects and was genuinely interested in reading every board.

I had done a lot of hair last week and in general was busy every day. I was behind on lots and lots of laundry but knew we had a low key weekend ahead so wasn't really caring. I permed my aunt's hair on Friday and after she left I threw the stinky towels into wash and didn't think of them again. Milo and I went to the temple (wanted my glasses) and to dinner and I never thought of the laundry again. Saturday morning I went to change loads and noticed the towels were soaking wet and not spun out. I thought I had overfilled the washer. Nope, broken washer. Great.

So what does this guy do? He took all the laundry, all of our cash and change (it took $25 to wash and dry 6 loads, some in the double washer size), his ipod and some soap and he burned through all of it. Awesome. He wasn't feeling too confident that he could fix it but for once I had more faith than him. I did a few google searches, found a video on YouTube and now we're waiting on a part that should be here by Friday. Of course now that we don't have a washer, Reed wore three shirts and two pairs of pants today. Yeah, big piles once it's fixed again.

Look what Milo found......on Saturday! For crying out loud, I had them in the garbage, at the dump, crushed into a hundred pieces and the whole time they were at the bottom of my bed. I laughed like crazy and had to run for my camera). So annoying! I had made my bed everyday too, how did I miss them? I can use the saying my mom always pulled on me when I was little, 'Sheesh, if it would've been a snake it would've bitten you!!' (add a lot of emphasis, ha!)

11 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I do love to read your posts. You write like you talk and I love to hear your voice all the way throughout it. It makes perfect sense to me why you didn't see your glasses, you didn't have them on to find them with. Glad you found them.

When will I see you again? Soon?

donna said...

why is life so busy?? I hope everything slows down for you soon..
So glad you found your glasses.. I lost my glasses in Hawaii.. BUMMER!!

Melinda said...

The picture of your glasses is so funny! At first I thought it was the side of a crib.

I am totally stealing your science fair project for next year! That is so cool and I know the kids would love it. We did what kind of pan bakes cookies the best?

Kristin said...

That was sweet of Milo and the glasses make me laugh...
Come over here and do your laundry while the boys play (well give me a day to make sure the fevers are over)

Barb said...

Science fair is serious business in jr. high at our school, so the whole thing makes me cringe, but I think I could enjoy elementary school science fair.
The glasses picture is awesome blogging, just too funny!
Sorry about the laundry woes, I've totally been there!

Korbi said...

I love you blog posts, they make me feel normal... :)

Heidi said...

I like Korbi's comment. :)

Broken washer= not good at all with 4 active kids!!! I hope Milo can fix it fast once that part comes. Fingers crossed.

The science fair is fun, but stressful so you are a good Mom to let ALL 3 of them sign up!

That's funny about your glasses, but annoying you had to live without them for a few days. At least you found them!

Jill said...

I CANNOT imagine having quads! It's hard enough to have just one baby at a time, wow!

I'm sure the reason you missed your glasses is because you couldn't see well! I'm so glad they turned up!

Becky Noftle said...

I HATE broken washers, nothing gets things "out of balance" faster than a delay in the laundry cycles. Plus I have a theory that laundry reproduces in the dirty clothes basket if the clothes are left together too long, kind of like bunnies.

Shaila Lou said...

How fun to do the science fair. Though I dOnt look forward to the days of doing them, as I know we as patents do a lot for it. Haha!

Those quadruplets are cute, but oh how I'd never want them! :)

Love Milo posing for his picture to do the laundry. Looks like he's really loving it. It made me think of a first day of school pic. Haha!

Glad your glasses were found! That is too funny!

becca said...

I am not looking forward to the days of science fair! MOre work for mom! HA!

Those babies are cute...but definitely in that glad it's not me way!!! I cannot even imagine!!!

Glad you found your glasses! Too funny!