April 1st we started our spring break with a trip to the library. I found the kids like this within minutes of getting home. I loved that they didn't even look up at me. Kat continued to read a book about every 24 hours. She's pretty funny at the library too, she only checks out something she's 'really interested' in because she has so many on her list. Funny girl. Nathan was so proud of himself, he finished the 7th Harry Potter. It's been fun to watch him get into a series that Milo and love also. He wants to name a daughter Hermione, he's constantly on the lookout for a new wand and he's already planning a reread of the whole series.
Dane and Dad after the library. Dane is really getting into reading right now too. He's reading these books called Pee Wee Scouts. He loves their little adventures (and gets pretty annoyed when the books aren't in at the library!).
We watched 3/4 sessions of conference. Since we cut ties with Dish Network I was a little worried about how we'd carry out conference here at home but we lucked out. With a $16 cable, the laptop and the small TV from our bedroom we had this set up. It actually wasn't too bad (or as bad as it looks anyway). I loved so many of the talks and feel very blessed that their messages can speak right to me and be exactly what I need to hear. We all did really well watching our small screen.....
...except for this one. Horrible blurry photo but here's a small visual of what it was like trying to watch with him around. Busy, busy, busy followed up by silly, silly, silly. He did like watching the choir sing though. It was his version of 'people watching'. He was always watching for 'daddy'. Sometimes daddy was a rounder, shorter bald man with glasses and sometimes daddy was a thinner, taller completely bald man with glasses (the one Milo appreciated more). The rest of us thought it was pretty funny. The only other family member he picked out of the choir was Aunt Heidi (she was a pretty blond woman with highlights, don't worry Heidi!)
We knew we weren't going anywhere out of town this week so we decided to get a room here in town and take advantage of the pool. It was pretty comical when we first got there, it was like the Clampets arrived. They were so hyper, running all over the place. We've been in a hotel before but apparently it's been awhile? We got them in their suits as soon as possible and they swam their little hearts out.
I took Reed up to bed around 830 but Milo let the other kids swim for another hour or so. All 6 of us in one room turned into be quite a comedy of errors. Reed and Dane started out in the roll away bed together (hey they're small) but around midnight when that didn't look good, I moved Reed to the floor. That was fine until 145-ish Nathan fell out of bed and landed on Reed. Fabulous, it's now 2am and I'm wide awake. We let them watch some Disney channel in the morning, ate some continental breakfast, shimmied into wet suits and went swimming again until check out. They loved swimming with Milo, especially Reed. I was off the hook to just lay low, it was nice. Not your average spring break activity but it fit nicely this year.We laid low for the rest of the week. The weather wasn't that great for most of the days so not much playing outside. We visited 'the big library' and checked out quite a few movies, played with a some friends, hit the park at the end of the week on a nice day, and capped the week of on Saturday playing outside, getting ice cream and calling it good. It really was a good week.
13 comments:
Melanie, I'm so glad you wrote, I've missed your posts.
I loved several lines in this:
Reed people watching...and picking out Milo's.
The Clampets have arrived...that's a good visual.
Kat and Nathan reading in the chair.
I forgot you unplugged the Dish. That's quite a feat.
I loved your spring break. It sounded like the perfect one...and perfectly kid oriented to letting kids be kids.
lol! Hey that's how we watch conference every year. Cable, laptop and tv :-) your family is so cute!!
thanks for the blog update..
So glad you had a nice spring break.
For sure you should blog!
I love that you got a hotel in town. The pool is always the favorite part of the trip anyway. I think that was great planning!
I enjoyed your catch up...
Love the picture of Reed, he's such a silly cutie. What a great idea to get a room and take advantage of the pool. Kids think sleeping anywhere other then home is a blast!
I'm with Kathryn... Her look is priceless in the picture where her brothers are showing their "guns." Our spring breaks were really off this year. What's with that? Nice laid back SB. That's nice.
I am fully convinced that reed and q would be the best of friends!
I still can't believe you got rid of your DISH....
I am fully convinced that reed and q would be the best of friends!
I still can't believe you got rid of your DISH....
I live in tri cities and they usually play coference on the regular local channel here...we don't pay for cable or anything but we get the regular local channels...just a thought for October!
Great pictures and details of spring break!
Reed saw me in the choir?! I didn't know I could sing so well. haha. That's funny he was finding people he knew.
The thought of the Clampets arriving is hilarious. Glad it was fun for the kids and Milo is a good sport for taking them all swimming that long. I hope you got a nap in!
And yes, you should blog more!
Love the post and pictures, what a great week
Hey a staycation is sometimes the best kind of vacation! I did it almost every time Jason went out for school.
That is a crack up that Reed was looking for Milo in the choir!
Post a Comment