Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Life with Reed

What can I say about life with Reed? He is one fun, adorable member of our family. I know having 5 people laugh at your jokes and silly antics every single day is probably going to come back and haunt us one day but really, we can't help it. He's funny.

He loves to tell you about one of his favorite movies (that we don't even own), Despicable Me. He quotes line after line which considering he's only 3 is quite scary. He is obsessed with the new PBS show, Wild Kratts. He can tell me all about the Draco Lizard and Crocodiles and Butterflies and every other episode really. We had them all on DVR and while it lasted, he watched them over and over. Without satellite, we live for 5 pm (the dumbest time for this show to come on) or he asks to watch it on my computer multiple times a day.

This morning when I was getting him dressed after his bath, I thought his hair looked funny. I just cut it last week but the front was not straight. I asked him if he cut his hair and his lack of an answer gave him away in just a few seconds.

When it's your 4th child that takes scissors to his hair, you don't get too mad. I gave him a stern look and asked him the questions- 'where did you cut your hair?'- 'what scissors did you use?' (I was worried he used mine, they are ultra sharp)- 'when did you do it?'. To which he only answered, 'ummmmmm. ummmmmm.' Yeah, that gave it away buddy.

Thankfully he used kid scissors. It's not that bad and I'm also glad he didn't cut himself or clothing. Could you really be mad at that face for very long?

Oh wait you can. Backing up to yesterday, he really had me going right during the witching hours as I was trying to get dinner ready. He's been reverting a little in potty training the past week or so. It feels like a power struggle to see how far he can get me to go. He wants me to follow him in to potty and help him with his pants. It's so annoying! Last night, I had repeatedly sent him in to potty and wasn't really following up on it while cooking dinner. My mistake. I went in there to check his progress and he had this in his mouth.......

the TOILET BRUSH! Disgusting! It is the brush I use on the outside of the toilet, was rinsed out and had no harsh chemicals on it but still, I'd cleaned around the floor of the toilet earlier in the morning. Makes me gag just thinking about it. (had to have a staged photo to go along with the post)

In short, life with Reed is fun and busy. We all love that we're along for the ride. Love you buddy!

12 comments:

Holly said...

That last picture looks like he either has done something bad or he is getting ready to! He is so stinking cute Mel! Have fun, before you know it he will be a teenager driving you REALLY crazy!!

donna said...

LOVE that face.. So cute..

Marion said...

This kid can even make a crotchety old man smile! He has personality plus up and beyond his eyebrows! I love his silly side....he can make these dark gloomy days so much brighter! I love you, Reed!

Kylie said...

Oh Reed... He just makes me smile! I miss you guys!

Melinda said...

Oh the life of little boys! Ry is the same way.

Korbi said...

Beck is OBSESSED with WIld Kratts too! I have to RACE home after break dancing so that we don't miss it! Toilet brush- I'm with ya... eeewww..

Kristin said...

He is such a funny kid with so much personality!

Granny DeeAnn said...

My little buddy. What's not to love. It looks like Grandma Dee Ann cut the bangs! lol

becca said...

Oh I am laughing and laughing! REed and Brody could have been twins! He can be so dang cute, but man does he know how to push my buttons (he is the same way with me, always wants me to help him with his underwear even though he can totally do it!) and he is just so dang busy every single second!

Amie said...

I'm not sure why I am always so behind on your blog when it is one of my favorites? Anyway, it is good to catch up. I'm so sorry about all of the health things you had to deal with in the fall. So many times I meant to get a card off to you. I'm sorry I didn't but I hope you felt the prayers and thoughts for you. I'm glad you are doing better now.

Your kids are cute... I love hearing their latest.

Lucy said...

I get it. It must be youngest child syndrome. So cute and SO busy. But, they do make life interesting, eh?

What a cutie.

Shaila Lou said...

I love his sad face with the nasty toilet brush! Makes it even better with his freshly cut hair as well. He's a funny kid and talks way too well for his own kid. I'm serious, Winston's 3 older cousins need to get together and have a speech intervention with him. :)