1. Tuesday brought such a welcome surprise. Reed had gone to playgroup and I hadn't really decided what I was going to do. More accurately, hadn't decided what cleaning to tackle since everything is behind around here. Not a very fun agenda. But then...... there was a knock at my door and standing there is my dear friend Jane! I was so surprised. She was holding a huge bouquet of lilacs (a spring favorite) and a bag of 'baby' mini eggs. Yes, the Cadbury variety. She wanted to congratulate me in person on her way to the temple. I happily sat on the couch, we both got comfortable and we chatted until I had to go get Reed (late but who's counting minutes?) I smiled the rest of the afternoon and felt very loved by her surprise visit. Wait, I did frown a couple times remembering all the subjects we didn't cover. Next time, next time. Every one needs a friend like Jane, I love that I do.2. I knew there would be a response or two about another baby in our family and I steeled myself ahead of time knowing if I were prepared, I could laugh it off. The best comment by far has been from my dad (pretty sure he has no idea how to find my blog, he barely emails. maybe I'll bury this post soon just in case). I called and talked to him for a bit then said I just wanted to keep him up to date with everything going on in our family. I said, 'We're going to have a baby.' His quick response, 'Oh, your Dr. is going to kill you.' Uh, ok?? I've been laughing about it all week. I'm sure he meant out of concern from what happened last August but man it was funny how it came out. No hard feelings, just a good old fashioned laugh!
3. We planted our garden a couple weeks ago. A little less ambitious (no lettuce, melons or cucumbers...we stunk at those). I'm already wondering if it was a good idea though. It's only May and I've forgotten to water it more than once (loved the rain last weekend, saved my bacon). I doubt it will be the last time I forget (I did today in fact). I'm going to have to put it on the kid's job charts this summer. Maybe they will be more responsible gardeners.
4. These guys took off around 4:30 this afternoon, off to our ward's Fathers and Sons camp out. Reed was so excited, his first time camping with dad and the big boys. This afternoon he was asking me if I was going to go. I told him 'No, I'm not a boy.' His quick response in a slow, sad voice, 'I'm going to miss you so much.' It was a lot of work getting 2/3 of this family out the door. Lots of treats, camping chairs, blankets. The van was chock full of gear. I was waiting for a goodnight call but with no response to my call/text I'm guessing they have no cell phone reception. Here's hoping tonight goes better than the last time they braved Fathers and Sons (Nathan threw up).
5. Kat and I went to the nail salon to get fancy. I got a pedicure (gift certificate even) with hot pink toes and she has purple fingernails with a white flower and rhinestone. We ate dinner, indulged in Baskin Robbins some ice cream (Pralines and Cream, mmmmm). Kat had a gift certificate for BR and when I asked if she wanted to use it she said yes. Then after not talking for a few minutes she says, 'Just so you know, it's going to take me forever to pick which ice cream'. So funny because this is SO her. 31 flavors pushes her decision making over the edge, ha. (she picked Reses Peanut Butter Cup). She finished a movie they started a few days ago and I laid around enjoying the silence. We had a great, quiet night. Nothing like a Friday night when those boys are around, ha. Love you Kat.
5 1/2. I had to cave and turn the ac on this afternoon. 78 degrees indoors just wasn't working for me today. A prelude to summer heat means lots of ac around here and I'm ok with it.
5 3/4. Milo's sleeping with the early risers in the tent and I'm sleeping in, can't wait.

8 comments:
I just loved this post...and I loved our visit. Thank you for being so excited for my drop-by visit.
Hearing about Milo and the boys and fathers/sons and you and Kat at home made me nostalgic for ours. Who'd have guessed those years would really be over? Not me.
Kat saying it would take her a long time to choose made me smile. She knows herself so well.
Can't wait till we can visit again. Thanks again for the wonderful afternoon.
hahahhaha. Loved your dad's comment. so awesome!
I'm glad you did pedicures with Kathryn! How fun! I need one in a bad way.
How nice to have all the boys gone! Peace and quiet for sure. Haha! Milo is nice to go camping with them. What a good dad.
That's great you had fun with Kat and hope you enjoyed sleeping in, sounds great. What a great surprise visit, sounds like you both enjoyed it.
Ok....FIRST! WHAT?! I just saw your post below....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and so proud of you for keeping it secret for so long!! That will make the pregnancy go so much faster:) I am so happy for you guys!
My Chelsey is like Kat....cannot ever make up her mind :)
Haha! I love it! Girl time is the greatest...next to sleeping in;) Sure enjoyed seeing you and thanks a bagillion for helping me out!
My girls love going to the salon to get their nails painted. It is really fun.
We are going to be out of town for our fathers and sons. I am so sad since this is the first year Ry would be going with the big boys. I will miss our girls night out.
Congratulations!!!! How exciting for your family. Baby news is my favorite kind!
Great post. I love feeling like I am "caught up" - our ward is not doing a Fathers and Sons... I didn't even know that was allowed?
Hope you are feeling good!
Post a Comment