Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fifth. Fourth. Third.

Fifth Grade.
Big helper (without complaining).
Loves to read almost anything (Little House still her favorite series).
Sleeps with 3 different stuffed animals every night (she loves them).
Took her glasses off for this photo because her new purple & green ones weren't in yet.
Has hair about 6 inches shorter now (hallelujah!).
Will be 11 in one month (say what??!!).
Asked for clothes and crafts for her birthday.
Is a definite joy to have around.

Fourth Grade.
Definitely has the 'oldest child' personality in this house.
He dictates the order they walk to school or ride their bikes in.
He helps a lot too but with more murmuring (thankfully he gets it done just the same).
Loves to read but Harry Potter & Percy Jackson ruined him, nothing is as good.
Does not like his hair cut and combs it himself, sometimes much to my dismay.
Will be 10 in one month.
(10?? really all this mothering started a decade ago? seems impossible)
Has worked hard to save $$ to buy his own Nintendo DS and asked for jobs all summer.
Is a baby-loving boy that cannot wait to meet his new brother.

Second Grade.
Is helping much more but definitely shows the most resistance.
(have to remind myself he's only 8).
He likes to move at a slower pace in the mornings.
Still has not lost a tooth that didn't come out from his bike crash (18 months ago!).
Loves Legos and has them strewn all over his dresser in various cities.
Is a great reader.
Never stops thinking and asking questions. Never.
Loves to draw.
Plans on holding the new baby a lot.

9 comments:

Amie said...

Cute pictures of the kids. I love reading about them... this would be a fun yearly tradition for those of us who glossed over birthdays this year.

Katherine has such pretty hair... I wish that is what my fifth grade picture looked like!!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This is just so unreal to see them so grown up.

What a beautiful family.

I love Kat's braid bangs.

Blake and Sheri said...

LOVE those kids! So glad we have become so attached!

donna said...

cute pictures.. : )

Korbi said...

I've decided that Dane and Beck are the same person. Seriously, the exact same. Remember when I met you on Kortni's porch like 8 years ago? She was having a yard sale and you were pregnant with Dane. :)

Heidi said...

Kate says, "mom, aren't you impressed that my tooth is coming in before Dane's?" haha! His big teeth will come in soon enough. :)

Cute kids. Love Kathryn's braid and long pretty hair...I wish that for Kate. haha. Dane's pic is my fav, such a cute smile and hair. You will definitely have some good helpers in a month with the new baby!

Barb said...

Wow, you have good looking kids, but also amazingly photogenic - I've never seen such good school pictures. I like the post for capturing a moment in time at this time.

Marion said...

LOVE these kids. Miss them at my house on an almost daily basis. When you moved a "little over an hour" away didn't seem far. Now it feels like 500 miles away. I don't know how I'm going to handle that new baby being "500" miles away! That year to quit work may be sooner than later! Love you all! Miss you tons!

Melinda said...

The pictures are so cute and such a great idea to do with their pictures. Hope your feeling well.