Saturday, October 29, 2011

Moving Day in Two Parts

:: Started Friday with me waking up and coloring my hair. Apparently my nesting involves getting rid of the gray. Check. The goal of highlights before the baby.

:: Some great friends showed up to help clean 'the new pad'.

:: We picked up the rather large, only $10 more, moving van at 2 pm.

:: With some more amazing help, we loaded all the boxes and misc we could fit in said moving truck.

:: Of course, it started to sprinkle during the unload. Thankfully no Seattle type rain.

:: More amazing people showed up for the unload.

:: Dishes were unpacked.

:: Kids were crazy.

:: It was dinner time, we went all out at Dairy Queen. Reed wanted a cinnamon tortilla at Costa Vida, but he settled for a 'banilla cone' after dinner.

:: I had to force myself not to cry at dinner. So much work, so pregnant, so sad to leave our street. SO many hormones!!

:: We came home and all 4 kids went right to bed, no complaints. Big blessing.

:: Lots more work to be done. So grateful Marion is here helping and staying up way past her bedtime. We chased each other to bed before midnight.

:: We have rides secured for all 3 big kids in the morning, Milo and I will miss their last fall soccer game tomorrow. Happy they won't have to.

:: I'm awake at 1 am even though I can't stop yawning. Can. not. shut my brain down. Excited. Nervous. Happy. Sad. Mostly, overwhelmed and humbled by the good in people and how much they are more than willing to give. I am so grateful.

:: Tomorrow we start again on Part Two and thankfully there is an end in sight. In most rooms anyway.

:: Moving day... I won't be sad to see you go because once you are over, we can think about Birth Day.

(Wait, I will be a little sad, no Internet until Wednesday. I'll have plenty to do with less distractions, right? Maybe a new neighbor will have an unlocked wireless.....)

9 comments:

Jill said...

Wow you're busy! I can't imagine having to do everything that goes along with a move while about to deliver a new baby! You're wonder woman!

Brenda said...

I literally feel your pain. As I type this, I'm surrounded by boxes and piles of junk and we've been here 3 weeks! Do yourself a favor and go to bed at a decent hour tonight! Love you so much and wish I was there to help!

Korbi said...

yikes. I'm crossing my fingers for the neighbor with the unlocked internet. I wouldn't want some hormonal pregnant lady hacking into my computer... LOL- Just kidding, I really hope you get in contact with internet soon. We didn't have it for three month, I about DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelley Gubler said...

So exciting. hang in there! If i lived by you i would help. i love moving day!!

Kristin said...

You did it!

Marion said...

i thought it was a great weekend. Moving and all! But then I was with some pretty sweet little people. I wish I lived closer to have helped a LOT more. You have wonderful friends and neighbors that served you well. They will be blessed. Love you....hurry, baby #14!

Melinda said...

I hope the move went well for you!

Amie said...

I hope you are getting settled and loving your new place.

It seems like you have had a lot of huge things... and like you are handling them wonderfully.

michelle said...

You really are Wonder Woman!! Wow. But I bet you're glad you're all moved in and settled now that Owen is here!