Friday, December 02, 2011

Five for Friday... +1

1. The Saturday Owen was a week old we had lots of visitors. My mom had flown in the night before so she was here. My aunt Mona and cousin Bridgette came over. Milo's grandparents stopped in after they were done working in the temple and Milo's sister Leisha and her family came after the had done some 'big town' shopping. Go figure with all those visitors the only photo I took was of my niece Emma holding Owen. I hope her mom shows her this photo because I know she thinks he's super cute.

2. We had a little fun with baby boy when he was just over a week old while the big kids were at school. Marion made him this cute sock monkey hat and my mom helped me prop him up and move him around once he was good and asleep. He didn't last nearly as long as we could have but he tolerated us and we did get a few really cute photos. I just love this baby.

2. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner and even with a 2 week old baby, it went really well. Kyle and Heidi along with my mom and grandma were here. It was so nice to have enough room to feed people! We had good food, the kids got along and for the most part us adults could even sit and visit without too much noise and interruption. Unheard of in our other homes.

These are the only two photos I took that day. Sad. I'll have to steal some from Heidi once she posts. Lindsey was adorable though, she just kept giving kisses to Owen.

4. This is way overdue but here we have Halloween 2011. Reed a monkey, Dane a knight, Nathan is Harry Potter and at the last minute Kat came up with this old lady costume to match her friend. They both walked hunched over at our trunk or treat with their homemade canes. It was hilarious. We trick or treated on our old street with our friends and the kids had a blast collecting an insane amount of candy. I was trying in vain to put myself into labor. Didn't work obviously but it did wear me out for a nice night of sleep. After the first street, Reed asked if we could go home. He had had enough walking and candy collecting. He rode in the car with Milo until the kids were done. Halloween isn't my favorite holiday but I must say, it's getting easier and easier as the kids get older. Or maybe it's me relaxing. Both?

5. We are keeping our head above water in this newborn phase so far. He's such a good baby during the day but has a hard time settling in at night. Usually it's somewhere close to midnight that he finally gives in. I'm trying to figure out if it's something I've eaten or if it's just him 'waking up' at the 3 week mark because it started just this week. Reed has started noticing him more and it's quite endearing. He talks to him, wants to hold him (for about 25 seconds) and he loves to help with his bath and get him dressed. I told him the other day that they were best buddies and friends. He loved that and reminds Owen that he's his best friend. One day he told him, 'it's okay buddy, I understand how you feel.' Funny kid.

6. We are blessing Owen this Sunday so I tortured him just a bit more for some photos. I know the day of is always crazier than intended so why not get at least this out of the way. He is growing and filling out so fast. So much in fact, if we don't bless him soon, I'm not sure this outfit will fit him much longer. Such a sweet, sleeping baby with the cutest crooked mouth.

10 comments:

Anne said...

You sure make cute babies. Congratulations!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

He's absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see him and to see you with FIVE kids.

I miss you.

Holly said...

What a cute bunch!! Looks like you are settling in to 5 kids with ease!! I don't know how you do it! Can't wait to see him over Christmas!! Love ya!!

Melinda said...

He is so darn cute! I love that blessing outfit.

donna said...

So cute...

Heidi said...

As you can see from my blog I didn't take many pictures on thanksgiving either! Lame us! Lol it was fun and you were a rock star hosting it 2 weeks after having a baby! Owen is so sweet. I'm glad we got to see him.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Thanks for hosting Thanksgiving with a TINY baby on board. I thought we did a great job along with Heidi and Kyle doing the dishes. I know how I cook. (Every dish in the kitchen is dirty!) You and Milo are doing a great job with 5 so keep it up and I will still come and visit! lol PS So sorry I missed the blessing but so glad we could facebook. Thanks Marion for doing my part too.

becca said...

Oh Melanie he is so sweet and cute. He really has such a darling face!! And what a great blessing outfit! I love it!

Lucy said...

He is so, so, so cute. And, someone gave me that exact Carter’s outfit in the first picture. Too bad our boys aren’t closer in proximity. We could have a little matchy-matchy photo session:)

becca said...

I lOVED your Christmas card. Darling!! And super impressive that you got one out this year! Holy cow! Your kids are so dang cute!!