So here we are onward with a new year and a resolve to get back to posting/documenting (so many posts to back date). My goal is 6 times a month. Too lofty? I hope not.
Today Owen is 2 months old. Two months! We have to back up a bit though.
Anna gave me a set of monthly stickers from here when Owen was born. Take a photo each month their first year with one of these cute stickers. Brilliant. Instead of using special printer paper or an iron on patch, it's a sticker (and doesn't ruin the onesie). I love them. Here he is 11 days old, not exactly '0' but I did get it taken before he was one month.
One month old (I was only 2 days late taking this one, progress). At 5 weeks he weighed 12lb 2oz. The doctor laughed when he read his weight. He said they like to see a weight gain of 20-30 grams a day and Owen steadily gained 50 grams a day that first month. He's a great eater.
And here's our 2 month old today (we'll have to switch up the blanket next month). Today he had his check up, along with 3 shots and weighed in at 13lbs 14oz (93%) and was 24.41 inches long (also 93%). Chubby, chubby. I love it. I love him too, so much. I know that's not surprising, mothers love their babies. I'm typically not a cheesy person but this baby boy brings it out in me. It has been so fun to have a baby in the house again.:: Just like Reed, he wants his thumb but hasn't quite figured it out yet. I checked the archives and it looks like Reed was going strong with his around 4 months. Two more months of frustration? Hope he finds it sooner.
:: He usually only wakes up once in the night which is lovely. Last night he slept 7.5 hours. Love it.
:: My biggest complaint, he's slow to burp. But usually only in the night (or so it feels) and it's so frustrating. Milo's a good sport though and even when it's only 45 minutes before he needs to get up himself, he burps Owen and I appreciate it every. single. time.
{Christmas Eve jammies}
:: He has such a fan club. The big kids love this baby. It's a constant-who gets to sit by Owen (church is the worst, imagine the fight every week in the chapel. not pretty), who gets to hold him, who gets his binki, who makes him smile the most, etc. I hope he's ready for all these 'parents'.
:: I have to really work at not getting overly sentimental with him. I want time to slow down and yet, I know it wont. I can already look at his newborn photos and feel a pang at how fast it's gone. I can even admit to a few tears. I'll just have to live by the motto, 'The best is yet to be'.

11 comments:
Goodness, he's 2 months old already?!! Wow. I would think that the mere fact that you have 5 kids would be reason enough not to have blogged for 6 weeks.
I love the onesie stickers, what a great idea! I also think having the same blanket in the background would be kind of cool.
I admit it, I'm too sentimental about my baby. Love the update!
He's so definitely a Milo/Melanie creation! He's darling.
I love the stickers. I know what I'm giving for baby showers for the next little bit.
So fun to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. 70 miles seems like 700 some days.
Happy 2 months Owen....
oh cutie cutie! i love the sticker idea. wish i had done that.
such a cutie!!!! I love that sticker idea. so cute!
That is a good sticker idea. Good job keeping it up!
Hey just think he's getting out of the hard baby stage so growing up isn't all that bad. ;) And yes, he better get used to all the sub-parents. That's what we called ourselves and I'm sure my younger siblings LOVED us for it. haha!
Love those stickers! Genius! Why can't we think of these things? I lova the chubba!
OH Melanie...he is sooo cute!! I can so relate!! We have fights every single day about who gets to hold the baby. Who held her longer, who had her last etc. etc.
And I am way sentimental this time. I always love my babies but this time it is crazy. I think I know she is my last and I want to cry (but not because I want more....just because its hard to watch her grow)
He is so darn cute! I love the sticker idea can anyone get those?
5 kids is hard! I feel your pain, and the sadness of watching your baby grow up. I was like this with Ryan. It's hard.
Oh Owen, you're getting big way too fast. You're such a cute boy. Auntie Lou loves you lots and lots! :)
Post a Comment