2. A new bed leads me to this. Our old bed in our living room. Super classy I know, but I didn't want to over use our home teacher (especially if we have to take the other one back. I'm leaning toward yes). Plus the dump was closed. Meanwhile, it's been the best activity to get the kids worn out for bedtime. Isaac came over on Wed and they jumped their little hearts out. Aren't they cute?
3a. Reed always wants Owen to take a bath with him. I usually put him off and say the water is too deep. I had my camera at the ready once the water started draining and told Reed to hold on to slippery Owen as tight as he could. Look at that belly! (and right arm at the wrong angle)
3b. I couldn't decide which one I liked best (you?). I just love having these two with me all day. Reed is so fun/funny and Owen is in such a smiley/happy phase. Don't get me wrong, telling Reed no about the ipad/computer/Wii 30 times a day can be frustrating but the good times far outweigh the frustrating. Far, far outweigh them.
4. I really want to start decorating/painting this house. Every wall is white. It's overwhelming. I go back and forth on what to do. 1- hang things now for a homey feel, take it all down when we paint and put it back up. 2-don't hang anything until we paint leaving me with the 'hospital' feel but putting more pressure on to get the painting done. Ugh. I've decided to start in the smallest room I spend quite a bit of time in. It's my laundry/hair room. I'm going to use this shower curtain re-purposed into curtains that hide most of my laundry area. That way when I'm cutting hair, I pretend it's not there at all, ha. Light grey walls, black and yellow accents. I think I'll like it once it's done. Baby steps here, one room at a time. (3, 4, 5 year finish goal? maybe 10? ha!)5. We have a babysitter lined up for tomorrow night. I can't wait to take off my mom 'hat' for a bit and get some time with Milo (and Owen). Even better, we have movie and restaurant gift certificates. My kind of date!
7 comments:
I love that shower curtain! The rooms sounds so cute. We need to do a lot of painting but I hate painting. Plus it doesn't seem like I have had a big enough block of time to get it done.
Those bath pictures are so darling. My kids did the same thing when Ryan was a baby.
Good luck with the mattress. We bought a new one a few years ago and I had to get used to it but now I love it.
Those pictures are adorable!
I want to put a mattress in my living room. Not only would it be helpful for all the family that visits but it would be so much fun to jump on!
I love the shower curtain. I think that room will be fabulous. Perhaps so fabulous I should come see it and get my hair done! :)
Just do it! Paint that is! You will love the results. And I love that shower curtain. Good pick.
As for the bed, yeah we didn't like our new one at first or at least I was unsure if it was okay. I was the one that pressured Kyle to change b/c ours was since our wedding too! But now I like it and it's comfy. I figured out my pillow/neck/back situation (why I was getting pain) so now I sleep much better. Well, not too good now that I can't sleep on my tummy all the time. :) But I think you'll get used to it.
Adorable picture of Reed and Owen in the bathtub. Owen is so chubby!
Have fun on your date tonight!
i totally relate to this post! first off, after i had preston, my back killed and i now hate my bed...and my back...and pretty much sleeping. and we moved in to a new house right before he was born and the walls were pink! at least yours are white. i've since gone from room to room to room repainting and decorating, all with a little baby who needs me. i feel your pain girl!
Okay, here is the best mattress ever! I am super picky too. We got the memory GEL mattress from costco and then the gel topper. I know it sounds weird but it's soft enough for Trevor and firm enough for me. We've been through 4 mattresses together (we're both princesses I guess) and this is the only one we both love! Good luck and remember, it does take awhile to get used to!
As for the home decor...PAINT...NOW!!! Ditto to Heidi, just do it. It will make you love love love your house! It's my favorite thing to do and I hate living in a rental where I can't (and Trevor won't let me spend $ on a rental...he's the tight wad).
Good luck! Love you!
We got our bed from Costco like 5 years go after having a hand me down from Matt's parents house. When we started feeling springs in our back at night, it was time to get rid of it. We LOVE our bed though! Loved it from the start and I love the memory foam.
Love the bath pics, and I like the first best.
The shower curtain is sooo cute! I'd use it for a curtain if I could! :)
Your picture of the silly boys is much better than mine. What did you decide to do about the bed? Isaac hopes the bed is still in the family room. Bring the boys over here and you can paint.
Post a Comment