Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Gorgeous Day

We are in the middle of spring break this week and today was simply a gorgeous day. We cleaned a bit, I had a haircut, ran a couple short errands and we ended up at a new park (thanks Kristin). The weather was absolutely perfect (no wind!). Is it too much to ask we get that weather for a few more days??

The kids were really digging this spin around thing. Does it have a real name? They would run on one side and fly up on the other. It looked like great fun but created blisters on their hands almost immediately. Not sure why.

Another spinning thing. I was getting sick just watching them.

Reed kept offering chicken nuggets, fries and Big Macs in his General Store (most of the time sitting back in the shade hiding from the harsh rays). I'm sure the other parents were questioning if I ever cook, he was citing off quite a few McD's menu items. Most of which he's never eaten!

A four person teeter totter and sun in their eyes. We're not quite used to that bright, shining star yet. Squint!

He tires easily and needs to put his feet up.

Owen is nearing one of my favorite ages in the first year, he'll be 5 months in one more week. I never thought I'd have another blue eyed baby. He looks like Dane and they both look like Milo. Love the blue eyes.

They obliged for a photo with everyone. Owen was not too happy at this point. Nathan was really not happy at this point. The basketball hoop off to the right behind them was really low. Low enough Nathan could dunk it and hang on the rim. I told him not to hang on it or pretend to dunk, he didn't have a ball and I didn't want him to break it. The thrill of even a pretend dunk was too much so he did it again (I warned him...). Remember the blisters he had formed on his hand from the spin around thing? His dunk ripped all that skin off the palm of his hand, 5 big blisters ripped right off. See him cradling it? It looked so painful. He spent the afternoon replacing gauze taped around his hand. Not sure it was that bad but he does like a good bandaid, ha.

The hand injury and Owen's hunger ended our park day sooner than even I would have liked which is really quite rare. Hoping we get to a different park tomorrow (no spin around thing and low basket!).

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Seriously? We were there yesterday, must have left before you got there. My kids (including the one who will be 16 soon) loved those spinny things too. How funny.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

i'm a lurker...and wondering where is this park? we might have to try it out?

Heidi said...

That spinny thing looks fun! Now I see what you were talking about when you were trying to explain it to me. haha.

Tell Reed I would like a McChicken and fries. :)

It was a gorgeous day so it's good you got out to let those kiddos let some energy out. Poor Nathan though...ouch!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great idea to park hop. Brilliant Melanie. Brilliant.

Melinda said...

I hope your still enjoying beautiful weather. We had snow today.

Those blue eyes!