Monday, April 09, 2012

Wrapping Up Easter

We had a great week despite Milo working in Chicago the whole week. Lovely timing, no? He left on Sunday and didn't get back until late Friday night. Surprisingly the week went by fast. We had some sort of activity every day (playing with friends, park, Moses, rented movies) and that helped not remind me we weren't doing anything 'fun'. We had our own sort of fun and hopefully after school today, the kids don't feel too jealous of what their classmates did. If they are, I'll remind them we have a 5 month old!

One day I gave each of the kids a warm cleaning rag and they wiped down every baseboard/windowsill/door handle in the whole house. Isn't that productive, ha! Kathryn even proclaimed it to be tiring work. Yes, yes girl, that's why I have the four of you on such a project. My mom said they'd be glad to get back to school. They were.

Wednesday we went up to Marion's for the night. We didn't get up there until close to bedtime so it was great timing them to head to bed and Marion and I to relax in a quiet house. On Thursday there was a threat of rain and a cancelling of the hot dog/marshmallow roast she had planned but the weather was on our side. It cleared up in the afternoon and the kids roasted away. It wasn't warm but they did. not. care. Earlier though, she pulled through for the kids and colored Easter eggs with them. For some reason, it's one of my dreaded holiday traditions. They can only remember dying eggs once or twice. Thankfully they're old enough now, they'll remember this time. Thank you Marion!

Saturday Reed, Owen and I woke up sick. Not deadly sick, just not ourselves. But not to be deterred with Milo home, we went to the park and enjoyed some good weather. I dropped Milo and the 3 older kids off at the movie and the little boys and I came home. Owen napped and I filled eggs with candy for the kids to find after dinner.

It's fairly boring in our yard (no trees, bushes, yard decor) and I knew it wouldn't take them long to find all the eggs. I initialed the eggs and they had to find only the ones with their letter, no helping the others. It was helpful enough to add about 5 minutes to their hunt.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and Reed was still sick with a fever. I stayed home with the younger two (I wasn't feeling the best either) and Milo took the older three to Stake Conference. I watched Mormon Message after Mormon Message on Easter and on our Savior. I'd list them all but a search would suit you better. There is one from President Monson, Elder Holland and more.



I love this message from Joseph B. Wirthlin.

I am grateful for my Savior and the hope each Easter season brings, even this year and every year after. I know He lives. I know He hears me, has felt my pain, sin and sorrow and helps to bear my burdens (yours too). He lifts me up, that I cannot deny. He gives me hope and what would all this be without hope? I'm grateful for His sacrifice, His infinite atonement, His far reaching arms. So very grateful.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Amen. Amen. Amen.

You are an inspiration to me.

I love it when you post.

I appreciate your friendship so very much.