Kathryn and I dipped some strawberries I had seen on Pinterest. She loved it, this sort of thing is right up her ally. She loves to be festive in all crafts and clothing. We had a ward breakfast that morning and she wore a long sleeved navy shirt, a pink sweater shrug and white beads. She said it was as close to red, white and blue that she could get, her other stuff was too small. After lunch we remedied that and found a cute shirt at Target for $4. Perfect.
While our strawberries dried we moved onto her fingers and toes. Alternating red and blue nails with white crackle paint. Oh man she loved it. We had fun with our girlie activities.
Milo bought the kids some fireworks and they had lots of fun lighting them off. He let them light a few with a punk and that upped their 'I'm cool' status big time. We started lighting ours off before it was very dark but they didn't care. We had a 360 degree view of huge firework shows around us so there was plenty to entertain us. I loved that we didn't have to leave home to watch a great show. It was a nice bonus with a baby in the family, he could go to bed. Some people spend a ton of money on their grand finales, wow.
I had a picture that showed them all looking at me and smiling but I like this one better. Reed would panic once the sparkler reached halfway (it looks lower than it actually was), Nathan and Dane were a little too confident with their sparkler and Kat was all sorts of sass. They crack me up.
I love, love, love, love (one for each boy) this photo. It's not often I can get a photo with four natural smiles, all boys looking at me and with no goofing off even. Owen's eyes are a complete bonus. Plus, I love them all piled on the blanket of steel. An awesome dog pile on a pink blanket with the baby on the bottom. It's priceless.
Look at him, he's still happy even when he gets to bed much later than normal.
It's been hot, hot, hot ever since.
This is quite possibly the best $15 I've spent all summer.







5 comments:
Sorry but it's just too hot to respond! Loved your post. (109*)
looks like a fun 4th of july!!! : )
Love the pic of the boys! Presh!!!! (One exclamation point for each boy)
We did those strawberries too, so cute. Love the picture of the boys. Your town is the best for fireworks!
Cute Pictures!
Post a Comment