It was two o'clock and that meant plenty of hours left in the day to either clean more (ugh) or get after the kids to step away from the screens (TV, DS, iPad) at least 27 times, probably more. I did try coaxing them out to the sprinklers or the slip and slide but it just wasn't working. The screens were pulling them in and the cleaning was pushing me out, ha. I remembered last week a friend took Nathan to the water park in Oregon (40 miles away) and he came home saying how much fun they had. I called her, wondered the hours of operation and if it would be worth our time so late in the day. She said, 'yes, go!'. So we did. We hurriedly changed, packed a bag and left. We made it there in 38 minutes flat.
I forgot my camera so these are from my phone and aren't the greatest but I'm glad to have something from our fun afternoon. It's smaller than the water park we are used to in our old town but that was actually a plus for me. I could see the whole park and knew where the kids were the whole time. Also, it takes less time to get there and it is much cheaper to get in. Double bonus. Owen loved splashing and swimming around in the water. When one of the big kids swam up to us he would kick and squeal like crazy. He loves performing for his fan club.
He also loved gnawing on the churros. Each of the kids bought a churro and once he laid eyes on it he screamed until they broke him off a piece. Smart baby.
This is not the most flattering angle for the ol' legs but I took it anyway. I was sitting there with Owen on my lap and when I saw our legs and feet together I thought, 'I wont get to see and hold his fat, little baby legs and feet on my lap forever. He's just a baby a little while longer'. I always want to remember how sweet he is and how much fun it is to have a baby. Especially him. The last baby sure can bring on the sentimental side.
We swam nonstop from 4-7. Reed and I even went down the 'twisty' slide. Riding together, we would go fast and shoot off the end of the slide. He would come up out of the water and yell, 'That was totally awesome!'. I wanted to keep riding it just to hear his happy yell. They flipped, flopped, swam, slid and dove till we left. Another successful (because not all of them are) FHE in the books.
6 comments:
How fun!!! You are such a great Mom, you totally inspire me to do better!! Can I ask what this swim park is called? Hope you have a great week :)
You ARE such a great mom. Good for you for heading to the water.
I'm glad you took a picture of yours and Owen's legs. That will always bring a happy memory.
I've been to that water park. It's fun!
I get nostalgic with Daniel too. I am more aware of his toes and legs and hands than I ever remember being with my others. Great photos!
Fun FHE! Way to go exploring. :) Your kids are so good so it's fun to take them places. You should have seen my kids today when we visited your Mom in the hospital. Nightmare!!! haha! Love those chubby baby feet.
Well done Melly. You are my hero!
Looks great, now I want to go!
Post a Comment