I went to the temple on Tuesday of this week. The temple wasn't overly busy so
it was a nice, quiet visit. I love to have time to ponder and think. I love to feel the peace the temple so
freely gives, there is no other place to feel such peace. I'm grateful
to live so close to this peaceful place.
On Tuesday night we also finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family. On Wednesday night the kids suggested instead of starting again right away, we read some of our favorite verses. Great idea guys. They each shared something that meant something to them. Kathryn~ 1Nephi 8:12 and 3Nephi 9:20. Nathan~ Helaman 8:11, 14. Dane~ 3Nephi 11:24-26. It meant a lot to me that they could look up and share why these verses are important to them. We also talked about some of our heroes and our favorite stories. Kathryn~ Lehi's Dream. Nathan~ Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. Dane~ Nephi and Lehi when they were surrounded by fire. I cried my way through the end of Moroni 10, especially verses 20-23.
This sign on a stop sign cracked me up. If you lose your tortoise, it seems you would have plenty of time to find sais tortoise if they meandered into the yard. It's not like they run fast, or do they? Funny sign.
Baby got a haircut today. Oh he's fun. Oh he's darling. Oh I love him.
We also went to the library and he went right to town with the books. After this he turned around on his stomach and really started pulling out books. We had to make a quick get away because if he wasn't pulling books off the shelf or eating them, he was screaming. Loud.
My mom is still in the hospital. Tomorrow is her 17th day. Ugh. She was so, so sick the infection is taking it's sweet time in taking a hike and all the other issues it caused are taking their sweet time in resolving. Even with all the medicine and doctors under the sun checking on her and studying her case. A week ago she was moved to a hospital 4 hours away. Now she doesn't even get the loud kids to visit, boo. We (and so many others) pray for her all the time. The prayers are going to kick in here soon. I just know it. Her friends sent her these gorgeous flowers and you know what else they did??? The kindest act of service for my mom they could have done in her time of need. They packed up her entire house. The entire thing in two days. They wanted to help so my mom could focus on healing and getting better, not on her impending move (which was happening anyway this weekend). We are ever grateful for their friendship and love!
Yesterday my brother flew to Vegas with my uncle to move my mom's stuff up here. They loaded the van (thank you Elder's Quorum), drove it here and unloaded all the contents of my mom's house in less than 24 hours (thank you cousins). Simply amazing (and half crazy too!). They deserve some sort of medal. And I also thing they earned a large amount of lounge around time. I do love family, mine especially.
4 comments:
What a great random sampler. The part about finishing the Book of Mormon is wonderful. What a great thing that they know what is in there and how it can help them. That's amazing teaching Melanie.
Ha. I think tortoises RUN when no one is looking. I was amazed how far Cali's could go when we forgot about it temporarily.
I hope your mom continues to improve. Kyle is superman.
way to go on finishing the Book of Mormon as a family!!!!
So is your Mom going to live with you?
Your baby boy is so darn cute!! They grow way too fast, dang it. I will pray that your mom heals quickly!
Hi Melanie -- I visited with your mom tonight for a while. I had been wondering what was happening. I don't do Facebook enough to keep up in the loop. I feel so bad that she's having to go through all this. I'm very worried about her. Will you please keep me updated? I'll remember to hit your blog again. I had no idea she was so sick. My prayers are with her and I'll put her name on the Temple rolls down here. My email is clbm562@gmail.com. Dee Ann has always been at the top of my list and I wish we could've stayed in touch more through the years. I feel like I've missed out on many good years knowing her. Thanks --- Roeann
Post a Comment