Nathan had his first soccer practice tonight. We all went down to the park to play, it's a great shaded park and has a play area with swings and such. Owen was squealing in the stroller so Kat took him on a little walk and I was helping Reed cross the small zip line. I was walking him back and forth and then he wanted to go off the end himself. Dane gave him a push from the platform and I stood in the middle waiting to catch him. Dane gave him just a bit too much of a push and he flew right off the bar. He landed on his right hand and chin. I was literally right there but not quite fast enough to catch him. Boo.
I knew right away that is wasn't good. He wouldn't squeeze my finger at all. Even when I asked him to use his super power strength like Iron Man. Nope. He was bleeding from a cut lip and that sent Dane over the edge. He was sobbing about being the worst brother in the world. It broke my heart. I hugged him and told him he was the best brother willing to play with him at the park and it was just an accident. The worry on his face was wrenching. We went back to the van and sat in the air conditioning until practice was over. Still not moving it, even for a piece of gum, I knew he had to get an x-ray. We hadn't had dinner yet so we picked him up some nuggets and fries with a pop. He loves 'pop days'.
At the clinic I realized I didn't have a binki for Owen. Duh, rookie mistake. He was aw.ful. He has the highest pitch squeal you have ever heard and he was not afraid to use it. It felt like I was getting daggers over that squeal. I dug and dug in my messy purse hoping to find a buried binki. Instead, I found a Dum Dum sucker and it worked just as well. He was so happy with that grape sucker.
There they are, two breaks. One a little bigger than the other. The doctor said that breaks like this in little kids don't hurt nearly as bad as they would in an adult. I'll take his work for it thanks. I tell you, nothing is boring around here. This is cast #2 for Mr. Reedus. His first cast here and here. (just scroll the photos and look back on that baby chub..... love. it.)
He is such a champ and didn't cry once at the Dr.'s office, not even during the x-ray. The tech told him to smile when he took the picture and he did, ha. The nurse gave him 4 spiderman stickers and a red sucker so we were good to go. We came home and he went right to bed. We have to call to our regular doctor in the morning for a referral to an orthopedist doctor. He will need a hard cast put on in a few days once the initial swelling goes down.
What do you think? Should we redo FHE sometime this week? Minus the broken bones, doctor visit and x-rays of course. I'm thinking ice cream is a better plan than the park. Also my real camera over my phone. Attainable goals I believe.

2 comments:
Crazy how fast those things happen. It wasn't on a zip line but on monkey bars that Seth broke his wrist in the exact same location. Dangerous toys! Glad you were right there and what a sweet boy Dane is. I'm sure that wasn't your favorite FHE ever:)
Oh no, poor boy!
I hope everyone is surviving.
Post a Comment