Sunday, September 23, 2012

Primary Program

Today was our Primary Program (Kathryn's last one!) and it was so good. Perfect really. When you have 130 some kids singing the songs, it feels like a mini Tabernacle Choir up on the stand. They sang 'Choose the Right' to a different piano arrangement and it was beautiful. They knew every word to every verse of that song. The Spirit was very strong. They also sang~

As a Child of God
Keep the Commandments
Stand for the Right (signed also)
When I am Baptized
The Priesthood is Restored
Choose the Right
Nephi's Courage
The Wise Man and the Foolish Man
I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus
If the Savior Stood Beside Me
Holding Hands Around the World

Tonight before bed, we sat and talked about the program. I told them to write down in their journals how they felt so they could always remember it. Dane said he cried when they sang 'Choose the Right'. Kathryn said she started crying half way through 'I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus' and all the way through the next song, 'If the Savior Stood Beside Me'. I cannot remember ever recognizing the Spirit at their age they way they do. I'm so grateful for their strong testimonies. They teach me how to strengthen and build my own testimony every day.

A little flashback......

I went into my blog archives and this was four short years ago in 2008. Can you believe it?? Can you believe how much and how fast they have changed? 2009 here. 2010 here. Dropped the ball in 2011. Time marches on so quickly, I'm grateful for these little snapshots back in time. Cute then, cute now.

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Those pictures were fun to look back on Melanie. You're right: cute then, cute now.

It sounds like your program was beautiful. No one can convince me that primary chorister isn't one of the most important callings in the ward!

I am so impressed that your kids are record keepers at this age. That's an incredible habit that you are helping them build.

(I laughed at the back post where you mentioned wearing the black and white striped dress and Reed saying, "Moo, moo, moo.")

Melinda said...

Wow, I can't believe it is Primary Program time. It is the first time I'm not involved with it in many years. It will be fun to sit back and enjoy it!

Heidi said...

Ours is this coming Sunday. It won't be a mini motab though. :) Cute kids!

donna said...

wow your kids have grown up so much.. : ) and they are all so cute....

Holly said...

Soooo cute! Those kids are so lucky to have you Mel! Love how Nathan is wrestling the baby in both pictures! What a good big brother!