Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Contemptry Music

A friend gave me the newest Josh Groban cd for my birthday. I love it and so do the kids. We're all getting pretty good at singing along. You should hear Nathan's Latin! I'm guessing this post will mean nothing to you if you don't know the songs but I hope it will still crack me up in the future.

Reed knows the names of the songs and sings along to most of them. He also asks me question on what they mean and such. He's always paying attention.

There is a song about Galileo and him falling in love as a Galilean boy. One line is, 'love can make you ask some funny questions now and then'. One day after the song was over, he asked me if love makes you ask funny questions. I assured him, love can make you ask some very funny questions. Don't you agree?

In the chorus of the same song it asks, 'Who puts the rainbow in the sky? Who lights the stars at night?'. One day Reed asked me who did put the rainbow in the sky and who lit the stars at night. I asked him who he thought put it there and he answered, Jesus (say Jethuth). He asked about the stars. I had him answer his own question and again he said, Jesus (Jethuth).

A few days later when that song came on and the chorus started up, as Josh sang 'Who puts the rainbow in the sky?', Reed yells out Jethuth! 'Who lights the starts at night?' Again he yells, Jethuth! And then he said, 'We get it Josh, Jethuth did it.' Where does he get this stuff?!

Just today when we were in the car (I don't change cd's often) he asked me if Josh Groban was country music. I told him no and he asked what kind of music was it. I told him it was contemporary music (is that right?). He was quiet for a minute and then asked me, 'Why do I love contemptry music so much?' .


I don't know why Reed but I know why I love you so much. You make me laugh every. single. day. You're almost 5 and you make messes every where you go. You can throw a fit and cry too often. You tease and bother your brothers. Especially Nathan, you know just where his buttons are. You call me 'Mother' and tell me I'm soft (is that code for fluffy or fat?). You remind me how to take care of Owen (pat his back just so) and you love to sneak crackers and candy. What stands out above and beyond all of this is your ability to have fun, ask questions and simply laugh. You love it and I believe laughter is one of the best medicines for a soul. I'm so glad you have an ample supply you are willing to share. Thanks buddy, I love to laugh with you!

One more.
 
The other day Reed walked up to me sheepishly and said, 'I need to change my clothes, I peed my pants.' In complete shock because he never wets his pants, I asked him what happened. He said, 'Well, I can't tell you. It's a really long story'. Haha. Oh man that made my day, I laughed all afternoon. Long story indeed. One he probably had to make up!

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great post, and could you have found a better picture? This is just so great! I especially love his response, "Jesuth. We get it Josh." He is one funny kid. I love him. Tell him there is new candy in my bowl just waiting for him. (Truly. I think of him when I put it in. Nobody loves my candy and my soap in the bathroom like Reed.)

Kristin said...

We love Reed too, so much personality in that kid!

Melinda said...

This is so cute and so funny. He reminds me of Ryan and all the questions he asks.

donna said...

that is so cute.. And i love the photo of Reed....

Heidi said...

Cute picture of him! He's too grown up for his own good. He's smart and funny! I'm glad he's around to make you laugh. :)