I have to hideout in my bedroom to fold laundry because this little person is no respecter of folded piles. The door wasn't shut tight and Reed wasn't entertaining enough so he came and found me. I had to snap this with my phone and get him out fast.
Dane asked me to give him a military hair cut. I was hoping he didn't mean a flat top. He hasn't the hair and I haven't the skills for a good one. It's been too long. All he wanted was a buzz cut, whew. I can't remember if I've said this or not but almost every time I cut Dane's hair he tells me how great he thinks it is that I can cut his hair. He said it would be awkward and embarrassing to have a stranger cut your hair. He said you'd have to talk to them! He cracks me up.
We stepped outside to take the photo of Dane's haircut and Owen watched his every move through this little window. We call it his doggie window. He will sit there and watch whatever we are doing outside. I find his face and smile adorably cute as he looks up to Dane. You can't stage stuff like this!
Dane also lost a tooth that night. It literally fell out when I touched it. He didn't even know it was loose. Doesn't he check such things? The tooth fairy bombed though. She didn't show up. It was a super windy night and I was sure she wasn't working. Too hard to land on the right house and all. She requested a reminder text on Facebook earlier in the day as a joke but to her surprise, she got two! Thankfully, she made the money delivery Tuesday night. Again, whew.
Tuesday-
This is staged but usually it's not, the boys do this every day. As soon as they see my van turn the corner to pick them up, they drop their backpacks and themselves to the sidewalk. I knew for days they had been wanting me to 'miss' them as I drove down the street. Do they think they are camouflaged? I didn't give in right away, I made them wait for it. Mostly because I found it hilarious watching them flop down on the sidewalk so fast. The day I finally drove past them and then made a quick stop like I had just noticed them made their afternoon. They were cracking up at the thought of duping me. Yesterday I was a little later to pick them up so they were further along on the path home and had lost steam to fake me out. I begged them pose because I wanted a picture. Funny boys.
We sat outside and enjoyed the fall weather before we had to take Nathan to soccer. Our house is surrounded by curbing and rock and it's Owen's favorite thing to crawl after.
He's just started this funny bear crawl. He moved away from me and went to find different rocks.
Reed had a bit of a rough go leaving for Nathan's soccer practice. Just over 24 hours later, I have no idea why I took this picture. I'm assuming to diffuse the situation? Judging from the next few photos on my camera, it must have worked.
During Nate's practice, we played at a nearby park and soon after we got there, the kids were piling up leaves. They want trees and leaves so bad. They also climbed slides and Reed pumped his own swing. It's great being the only kids at a park.
Owen and I stayed in the car most of the time. He was tired and content to sit on my lap and watch through the window. All three of the big kids were flopping into their little pile having the best time. Owen wanted in on that action so we got out and flopped him into the pile too. Can I be 5, 8 or 11 again? Just for a pile of leaves?
Wednesday-
Today while I was switching loads an unexpected $20 bill fell down on the ground. A very folded, welcome $20 bill.
We went to a nearby orchard to pick some apples today before Dane and Reed had soccer practice (2 weeks left, hallelujah). This is something Kat loves to do. Even the boys don't mine it too much because we just picked a small box worth. If we were going for 3+ boxes, there may have been different cooperation levels.
Reed liked picking the apples under the tree that hung right by his head. The girl working the orchard told him he'd find the best apples there and that perked him right up to the task of picking.
Look how cute they are in the orchard. Random soccer clothing and all.
Kathryn is just the sweetest. She offered Reed a ride in the wagon to get back out of the orchard and to the pumpkin patch but she underestimates his size (or overestimates her strength) every time. She wasn't much further than this and she had to trade me for Owen in the stroller. 20 pounds of apples and 45 pounds of kid proved to be too much. Doesn't stop her from trying though. It was a pretty loaded pull.
We all picked pumpkins to carve here sometime soon. It's not really an activity I look forward to. My hands break out, it takes what seems like hours and it's a gooey, sticky mess. But, I'm really going to practice some zen thoughts and possibly some yoga moves (ha!) so we can come out of this one having fun. Send the vibes, will ya?
As I was downloading the pictures on to my computer I found this one of Owen that Nathan must have taken. Isn't it just sad?? Owen was so tired tonight. He pushed through without an afternoon nap and by the end of soccer, he was done. I quickly changed him into jammies, fed him and into bed he went. I'm grateful he goes along for the ride nearly every day and rarely complains. I'm also grateful for the days he reminds me he's a little baby that needs some extra baby attention. Tonight after I fed him, I gave him an extra long snuggle. Hang in there buddy, we're doing this together and soccer is almost over. Yippee.














6 comments:
Ooh! I'm the first to comment! Holy pile of laundry! Lindsey messes my piles up too. grrr.
Kate wants to jump into leaves too. She keeps saying she wishes we had a tree in our front yard so she could play in the leaves. I just think "extra work to clean those leaves, yuck!"
Glad soccer is almost over. That would be hard to drag a baby to over and over. I get tired of ballet and that's JUST one day a week! haha!
Aren't you glad you have pictures of miscellany stuff? Love it.
Random miscellany is sooooo fun to read. You live life with purpose and I admire it Melanie.
You are such an awesome mom. I want to be like you when I grow up. Your kids will have great memories of their childhood. Way to go Mel. You rock! That sad face of Owen's is killing me. Poor guy. Be glad it's soccer.....I made mine sit through cross country. Not the most fun sport to watch with kids.
oh....and Kat....you are awesome. YOu are always such a big help to your mom and I'm so proud of you for that.
You guys are great. I know how Reed feels, I'm done with soccer too! Looks like you made it through, though! Love you guys!
Post a Comment