Friday, January 25, 2013

I Have Kids (Mostly Sons)

I have a daughter that when asked to clean the living room up, wipes down and vacuums the blinds without being asked. She then asks if I'd like the 'things on the bottom' (baseboards) wiped down too. Yes daughter and a big thank you too! She's an awesome helper and a fun one at that. You never quite know what kind of fun you're going to have with Kat but you do know it will be fun. She really enjoys life and I learn a lot from her.

 I have a darling 14 month old son that is walking all over this house. I haven't posted about him since he turned one (I have so many cute pictures, where to start?). He's changing all the time and is letting his wants/needs be known more and more. He wants snacks in a bowl now and when he gets them, he lays down on his tummy to eat them. Sometimes he reads the Illustrated Book of Mormon too, ha.

I have two sons (only one in the picture) that fight me every. single. day. on wearing a coat. A hoodie like this one is a 'coat' to them, even on the day it was 26 degrees and raining when we left for school. It drives me somewhat crazy but I've let this one go for now. Until a teacher calls me out on some bad parenting, hooded sweatshirts it is as I drop them off and turn my head.

 I have another son that confessed to an experiment that involved 'roasting a marshmallow' on a light bulb in his room (hint on which son....he sleeps on the top bunk). When he saw my face he hurried up and told me it didn't work and he wouldn't do it again. Angels working overtime here, wow.

I have this son (lots of sons here) that has been sick all last night. From 5pm to 5:30am to be exact, can't count the times he was running to the bathroom. He's the best kid to have sick though. He always makes it to the toilet when it's time to throw up. Thank heavens. He watched more TV than ever today but ate dinner happily because he was so hungry. Crossing my fingers it doesn't pass to anyone else. 

I have this little son that thought it was so funny to crawl in and sit in his big brother's throw up bowl this morning. Owen loves Dane, he's smiling at him here. I love how much a one year old loves and looks up to a nine year old. It's quite adorable. We think he might be saying Dane too. He points to him and says a 'Daaaaaa' really loud when he's looking at him. If it isn't yet it soon will be, we clap and try to get him to repeat it while pointing to Dane. Dane of course, eats it right up.

 I have a five year old son that is always thinking. I bought small bottles of Sprite for the sickie tonight and the other boys had one at dinner (Kat is away on her youth retreat, lucky). Before dinner was ready Reed found a marker and wrote on his. It was hard to take a picture of it but it says, 'Dibs Reed'. Whew, none of us drank it. I love him.

This son (see he could have at least another five spots) is probably a genius at computers already. When we go to the library, he climbs right up in the seat like he owns it. He grabs the mouse and starts typing. I have to let him sit there the whole time we are in the place because the second I pick him up from that chair, I have to run out the door. He starts screaming like he isn't mine and it's not pretty. Those 30 steps to the door are full of anxiety and stress to get. out. of. there.

Christmas Eve 2012~ Matching jammies for life.
I have the best kids and I love them very much. I'm grateful they love me too.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Mel,

You do have good kids. They are lucky to have you for a mom! Keep it you. You are doing great!!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I can imagine the screeching when you unplug Owen.

That marshmallow on the light made me smile. I remember Cali building a nest in her light dish and putting an egg in there to hatch it. Have you ever wondered if the angels say, "Oh no, not me. Don't put me on Reed detail today. He wears me out?"

Kat is so enjoyable. I love her different take on so many things - chores being one of them.

donna said...

Mel~ You do have some amazing kids..
great post.

Holly said...

You have great kids, cause you're a great Mamma! Don't worry Mel, I send Tyson to school in shorts and a hoodie every single day. And we've had negative temperatures here! So far, no one has tried to take him away! Ha ha! Love you! :0)

Kristin said...

Great kids!