Monday, April 22, 2013

Three Things

1. I hate my iPhone. Lovers of all things Apple, don't hate me back. Here's the problem. I don't delete pictures, update software and I certainly don't back anything up. I currently have 1,090 pictures/videos on there. So ridiculous. I don't have iCloud turned on and I never use maps/notes/or the calendar. Because of never updating the software in the last year (I've been managing other things, ok?) I've lost my contacts six (SIX!) times in the last couple weeks. A bonus of having my poor phone managing skills? I never (out of pure laziness) delete text messages, that's good news. I can go back through and read the last text, figure out who it's from and save the contact. But, it's time consuming and frustrating. It's currently pushing me over the edge. Maybe I need an old flip phone? Or a personal manager for my phone? That would be really nice. What I'm really saying here is, I'm not qualified to have a stupid iPhone. Suggestions? Helpful hints? I'm losing it.


2. Owen loves the computer. If he sees the doors to computer armoire open, he is there in a flash pounding/clicking away. Today's surprise, 18 calculator windows open all over the screen.

 3. Both little boys got haircuts today. They look adorable if I do say so myself (dang Elmo had you can't see Owen's. It's pretty short for a longer growing season, ha). Tonight for FHE we walked to the park. We picked up garbage on the way for Earth Day (we have a clean neighborhood and had to search for things to pick up), had a lesson by Kat on sibling love and played on the toys for a few minutes. After that, it was a mad dash home because three people needed to use the bathroom. Reed was on Kat's back and Dane was on Nathan's back. Surprisingly, both sets of kids were running uphill this last stretch home without complaining. We watched the sun set and made it home before any accidents occurred, whew. Good times tonight.

(Yes, I do recognize that without my phone this post would be without pictures. Oh the irony!)

7 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

I've never lost my coctacts? Now watch I will. Have you figured out why!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm with your mom, I didn't know you could lose contacts so easy. I better start backing up.

Before I sat down to open this up I was just thinking the same thing -- wishing I just had a phone on the wall.

Heidi said...

Yeah, that's weird you lost your contacts. I wonder why. I never delete my text messages either. It's nice to be able to go back and see a picture or something if you need it.

As for updates. Just do it! ha! Do them at night when you are in bed. Then it gets done. I put them off for a while too.

I'm shocked you don't use maps or notes or anything. I LOVE the reminder app. I use it for all my lists. You know how I like my lists. ;)

Even though you say you hate your phone I think you'd really miss it if you didn't have it. Just sayin'.

I need to figure out how to get all the pictures emailed to me in groups. I hate having to email them one by one. That is so time consuming.

Melinda said...

Well, I am a lover of all things Mac so let me see if I can help. I wish I lived closer and I would send Blake over to be your tech guy. He knows everything.

First off, turn on Icloud. It will save you. And if you ever lose your contacts list which is weird by the way, you can plug your phone in and it will synch and you will get everything back. Second, update the phone. I'm with Heidi, do it as you go to bed. It is so much easier.

Upload all your photos to your computer. Since you will have your icloud on, you will still be able to access your pictures from your photo stream if you don't want them all off your phone.

iphones are good, come to the dark side with us all who love them. You won't regret it! Oh, and start using that calendar! You will wonder how you ever got along with out it!

Laurie said...

Once contacts have been synched even if you lose them you can get them back. I haven't had that happen either. Sounds like you want to turn o iCloud.

Do you use the Blogger app? You can upload photos right onto blogger on your phone. Then I go to my big computer to write the details. But I can blog before transferring stuff.

I LOVE using the Calendar. It sends me updates for everything and helps me not to miss anything anymore!

LOVE being able to access emails, dates, etc. from anywhere.

And Siri - do you have Siri? All I have to do is push the main button and then I say an address and Siri gives me play by play directions to navigate there. Or "take me to the nearest McDonalds....(you get the idea). It's awesome.

Natasha said...

I refuse to even try out an iPhone. I am a devoted Blackberry user all the way. I prefer the keyboard on the Blackberry as I use it for most of my business emails, although I do acknowledge that iPhone is probably superior on all other fronts. I do love my iPad though.

Amie said...

This makes me laugh. It took me a long time to be willing to pay for a smart phone but I do love it. My very favorite thing is that the pictures I take on the phone go automatically to the computer (I have no idea how, magic... because I did not figure that out myself!). Sometimes downloading pictures from the camera is what stops me from blogging in a timely manner.

I also love the reminder lists and the calendar....

I do miss the chat with your friends on the phone days though!!!