Thursday, September 19, 2013

Student Status


I am almost certain you wont find this as funny as I do. I laugh every time I watch (or even think about) this clip/line when Kip says, 'Your mom goes to college'. So funny. Especially if you like Napoleon Dynamite to begin with and I do. ('Tina you fat lard. Come get some dinner.' Hahaha)

Tonight I started the Pathways program through BYU-Idaho. That's right. I've gone back to school after 19 years and now I'm a mom in college. Thank heavens college is full of moms like me. Pathways is a slow start/mentoring program to actual college courses but it is exactly what I need. You can read about it here. I promised myself I will do whatever I need to do to finish my education and provide for my family. Right now that means starting at a slower pace while I work from home and raise my young kids. My plate is full but I know I can do it (even though some days I doubt). In the last few days I have been excited, nervous, overwhelmed and ready. I know it is the right thing to do and I know the Lord will strengthen me to meet this challenge. I'm grateful He will help see me through the next 'however many years it takes'. I'm grateful He cares about my education and grateful He wants me to succeed. Here's to my first semester back!

Switching gears- the weather is just perfect right now. Tonight we sat outside before dinner enjoying the cooler temps. Owen was climbing all over me and Dane was attempting to teach Reed how to rollerblade. I loved watching them get along and work together. Mostly Reed just stood there with the skates on while Dane pulled him around. Reed said he could skate best on the grass, ha. For a laugh to close this post-

 He looked at me and said (direct quote), 'Take a picture. Put it on Facebook and say tree hugger!' He was smiling in the first couple pictures and then I took this beauty (it was more of an outtake, he wasn't falling at all). I laugh with him every single day, he cracks me up. I love this little boy!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Melanie you're such an amazing person! You keep stepping things up...what's next?

I know the Lord will give you the strength you need to handle everything on your plate (no matter how crowded it gets)!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

How WAS your first week/night with Pathways? I'm so excited for you. Last night as I taught the Pathway's class here and heard the reasons that they were there, I was so inspired and enthused and humbled. And grateful to be a part of them.

That is a funny clip. I'd forgotten all about it. It fits me too.

That picture of Reed is a classic.

So excited for you Melanie. So excited. Can't wait to hear about it.

camery said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! For YOU!!

And thank you for taking so many fun pictures of Reed. They'll be so fun to play at the wedding reception. You know, the wedding reception right free he and my daughter get married?? Yep. That one. ;)

camery said...

*after. Not free.

Jill said...

We quote Napolean around her all the time, but Landon especially favors the "Your mom goes to college" line.

donna said...

Mel~ I'm so proud of you...

Kristin said...

Congrats on your student status!