I did not love yesterday morning. The day began on a low note. Partly from lack of sleep two nights in a row (dumb, dumb wind and a creaky window) and partly from my own negative thoughts. I wasn't crying or angry. I was just feeling an extra dose of unmotivated blahs and frustration. I drug myself to the shower and started getting ready for the day (wayyyy later than normal). From there my day turned around for the better. Thank goodness!
Last night before I went to bed, I made a list of my 'don't love' and 'love' happenings from the day. You already know which list is longer.
Don't love~
--feeling down/negative thoughts
--crazy wind for days
--creaky bedroom window
--terrible sleep
--a wet bed (sigh)
Love~
--a friend stopping by to see if I need anything from Costco. Instead of giving her a list, we waited for Reed to get on the bus and we went together. A needed outing.
--I decided we should take treats to our new bishopric as part of our FHE. I made these terribly dangerous Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. Yum, yum. (I only added 2 1/2c oatmeal and they were perfect. More and I think they would've been too dry. Oh and extra powdered sugar too. Much better frosting.) The kids loved delivering them. We have a great new bishopric.
--Reed was puttering around after school and he nonchalantly asked-
R- 'What is soft, cozy and courageous?'
Me- 'Not sure buddy, what?'
R- 'Bears, mom. Bears.' (complete with the look and sound of DUH!)
--Last night I was laying in bed next to Reed and going through our nightly routine. He told me he met a new friend at school named Nathan. His friend Nathan wears a bracelet that tells about his 'diseases'. (Allergies, perhaps??) I didn't want to correct him because it was just too funny hearing him talk about all the diseases Nathan wears the bracelet for. Of course now he wants a 'disease bracelet' for his birthday.
--While I was making the FHE treats, this happened right. behind. my. back. Yep, that's a Costco sized bottle of maple syrup. Yep, I scrubbed the floor two days before this. Yep, it was everywhere. I also let him swirl his hands over and over in the mess.
I looked at him and laughed. Of course this would happen after I mopped/scrubbed the floor two days ago. He would alternate licking his fingers and say, 'yum!' How could I get mad at that? Plus the big tender mercy here is this was right when my friend showed up and we took a field trip to Costco. Perfect timing.
--We ran around the back yard and he begged for me to spin in circles. A good way to burn the after dinner energy.
--Owen is also making so many animal noises. Horse, cow, cat, dog, tiger, bird, pig, lion, monkey, elephant. He would only let me video him while he watched himself, ha! His elephant noise is seriously the best (I should add the video, huh?). I watched the video at least 20 times last night. It made me smile every time. I love being his mom.
--Reed's wet bed was sort of a love. He usually walks into my room with a big smile and a thumbs up indicating a dry bed. Yesterday he walked in with a straight face and his thumb to the side. He tipped it halfway up and then quickly all the way down with the a cutest, sheepish face ever. I thought I had him night trained but I guess not. That's three times in the last week. Ugga, ugga. Somehow I had to make it a 'love' because this one I'm struggling with.
--The wind continued today while we sat on the curb and waited for the bus. It still doesn't come at a consistent time. Nearly every day I think we've missed it while we wait and wait. It's a frustrating test of my patience. Today I realized I'll probably be driving to the bus stop in the winter. It's cold sitting out there on the sidewalk. Mind you it's at the end our cul de sac so judge if you will. But I think that's how I'll not get too annoyed with Vanessa and her inconsistent pick up times. Sitting on the curb does not seem to be helping my frustration level. I'm going to need a book. Suggestions?
3 comments:
That last pic is great!
And why do my kids always get into something sticky after the kitchen has been cleaned too?!
Costco! We just got one but it's an hour away and in a bad area...but I'm still dying to go. I love Costco so much more than Sam's!
Oh man oh man, that syrup situation gives me high blood pressure!! I'm so glad you could laugh about it.
Making the love and not so love list is a good idea.
I love the idea of making the lists. You are so good to laugh at hard situations! The syrup would have done me in!
I love Edenbrook and Blackmoore. They are by the same author but can't remember her name!
Post a Comment