Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Repeat, Please

Today was a great day. Nothing extraordinary happened. In fact, it was all quite ordinary. I don't want to forget how it feels to recognize so many blessings in one day. I felt happy and content all. day. long. (even working on homework and budgeting). 

The kids and I worked last night to have the house picked up and it was a major help to wake up to a clean house. If only I had energy and cooperation for that every night. It's so much easier with help. A goal we're working towards because some days it's easier to tackle in the morning.

 The little boys happily watched Frozen music videos on YouTube while I finished up a little cleaning (my favorite- vacuuming) and did a haircut. Every morning Owen asks for 'Elsa, Anna. Elsa, Anna'. I have to hide my computer because yesterday he went and found it in my room, carried it to me and begged me to turn them on. He sings along to 'Let it Go' and Do You Want to Build a Snowman'. It's adorable.

We had gorgeous weather for a January afternoon. Beautiful sunshine and no wind. It's been crazy windy here for days. The gross kind of wind that wakes you up at night and makes your windows creak. It was a warm 54 degrees with the sun on our face. Pure medicine for the soul. We walked Reed to the bus and didn't even wear jackets. Owen was as happy as ever watching for the bus, listening to dogs bark and waving goodbye. His mood was cheerful all day and he's 2. A solid miracle!

After lunch Owen went down for a nap (which turned into a glorious 3 hour nap) and I worked on some homework with a wonderful friend. I needed help with a computer program and she was kind enough to help me out. We worked and chatted for almost 2 hours. She was very patient with me. So grateful for the giving friends I have in my life.

We played outside after homework was done. It was starting to feel crisp with the sun setting but it still felt so good to be outside. Fresh, cool air is also good for your soul. I teeter-tottered with Kathryn and Reed. We played soccer and fly up with the football. We wrestled and ran and laughed.

We are blocked by quite a few houses to see how pretty this was but the day ended with a beautiful sunset. The kids know how much I love sunsets so we watched it for a few minutes and commented on the bright colors.

I know all days can't and wont be this good. I wouldn't learn how to appreciate them if they were. And I want it noted, I appreciated every bit of today. It was that good. Even still, I wouldn't mind a repeat. Please?

5 comments:

Jill said...

You are wise to document a great day like this! Wow, 54 degrees in January, that's alarming really but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I get a little sun giddy when it's clear and in the 30s here because it feels so nice and warm.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You are a poster child for "When I'm Grateful I Feel True Joy."

This post made me feel light-hearted.

I'm so glad you soaked every bit of goodness in.

Can't wait to see you.

donna said...

I'm loving this warm wether we are having..
Glad you and your kids were able to enjoy it as well.,,

Melinda said...

It's amazing how much smoother the day goes when you can wake up to a picked up house.

I am so glad you had such a good day!!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a great day! It's always nice to have those good days mixed in to keep us going.