They are 6-7 for crying out loud! Our coach is laid back and positive and doesn't get negative with the kids. Some of the winning coaches not so much. Yelling at the kids, yelling at the kid refs. It's too much for me, I just want a 6 yr old to learn the game and have fun. Is that too much to ask? And once they know the game and play it well we can get competitive. But what do I know, I never played sports, ha!
2. We have a baby on the move (sort of). Reed loves when the kids leave the dvd cupboard open. He pulled out 20 movies while I was doing a haircut this morning. I just let him have at it. He was so happy making the mess. Not so happy when I shut the cupboard. In crawling news, he's getting closer to the real thing. Right now it's a roll all over, scoot backwards, get up on his knees and rock mode of travel but soon, really soon I think he'll be all over the place and I'm not sure I'm ready!4. Today was picture day at school. I told the kids we needed to pick their outfits out so that we wouldn't have to go through it in the morning (I really should do this every night). I was definitely trying to sway their decisions on what to wear. I don't care if they match exactly but I like them to coordinate so that when they hang on the wall they 'go together'. Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this! Anyway, Nate started last night wanting to wear a tie. When I told him we don't have any ties to match his plaid shirts he started to cry. He said, you let me at kindergarten graduation so let me do it now. I had completely forgotten about his love for a plaid shirt and tie or I would have found him a better matching combo. He would not be swayed and after wise words from both Marion and Anna on how this will be a story for later, and that it doesn't really matter and he'll laugh about it one day, I gave in; he wore the shirt and tie (that don't really match). At breakfast this morning, the real reason on the tie wearing came out. He said when he wears a tie people tell him he looks like, 'a real man'. Ha, ha. I guess that's important even to a 1st grader. Love you Nate, you looked awesome in your tie.
5. Buddy has a new trick and I just love it!! (Please ignore the voice and it's loudness, it's the only way to get him to comply and perform his trick.)
19 comments:
I love Reed's trick! He is such a little Milo...especially when he grins. It just takes over his whole face.
I wished I'd have thought of making kids match for the wall. Instead, I worried about whether the color was good on them. Like it really matters all these years later. I thought Lucy's post was funny when she picked the busy background when her mom had checked plain. School pictures is a memory all it's own. Once, I had a big sore on my lip so mom had Shig Morita (the photographer) do a profile shot, so I have a mug shot in an ugly dress for one of my school photos.
That little clip is so funny! It had both Richard and I laughing! It was funny to see Reed "morph" from a skinny baby to a chubby baby when he raised his arms!
I can't believe people stack little kids' soccer teams. Crazy!
I love the conference basket. What a great idea.
Love the clip!
Love that baby boy....... The other three are OK......... Just kidding. Let me know if you survived Granny Great! Wish I could be there~ lol
Love the tricky baby! And I'm with you on the matching outfit thing. I'm already stressing about Christmas pictures. How'd it go at Granny the Great's house?
Reed's trick is so cute! And, I love how you say, "Soooo big!" Cute!
Nate is totally a real man! That is awesome. And, I always wondered how come your kids match so well. Now I know. I am so going to do that when I have kids in school for pictures. Haha, my school pictures are the most amazing things in the whole world.
That is so cute of Dane. I love all of the videos. That basket looks so great! I was a slacker and didn't get mine out this time.
Adorable video! He does it so well. That basket is SO nice. What a great idea to do for conference. That is hilarious Nathan excitedly told his friend that they lost again. I laughed at that one.
Wow...Jane is such a nice friend. How thoughtful!
Love all the DVD mess. Winston loves doing this as well, but we have no means of keeping them locked up!
Can't wait to see Nathan's school pictures with his cute tie...too funny!
Love Reed's new trick, he's getting way to grown up.
That Jane is one in a million!
I remember some of the coaches yelling and getting crazy stressed out when Max was on those 4 and 5 year old teams (thankfully none of his coaches). It was definitely too much.
Of course Dane wanted to look like a real man! Too cute.
What a stinking cute video. Every post he gets a little cuter! Tyson has a yeller for a football coach this year...NO fun at all. We might not even finish because I can't stand the yelling any longer. Bummer! You have some really awesome friends...I LOVE that conference basket!
I loved the video. I need to learn how to do that kind of thing. I agree about kids and sports. Have fun, play a game.
OH i think Jakob may have a hernia. I am going to take him to the DRs...
Melanie
When we moved here I was so disappointed with the soccer teams that the boys were on - I am right there with about being on the losing end of a new team/new coach. They really need to mix up the teams at the beginning of each season. After that first year - the boys didn't want to play anymore. So basketball is their new love!
I love all your pictures, good luck with the primary program. You guys are a wonderful presidency. We will do lunch again - soon. Lisa
First...that video is adorable! How cute is Reed?! Serioulsy, he is darling!
Second...so glad I am not the only one who thinks about photos the way you do :) Noelle had her two weeks ago and Chelsey had hers this week (different schools). I had done Noelle's hair in French Braids because it seems like it is always down in pictures, and I love it back. So of course, I HAD to do Chelsey's the same way (she does not enjoy having her hair braided). I had to bribe her a little, but I just had to have their hair (and shirt color :) the same!
I didn't mean to push send before I commented on that FANTASTIC basket!! I wish I was more on the ball and had done that for my VT girls. that is great!
It's nice that you let Nathan wear a tie even though it didn't coordinate as well as you would like. I would have a hard time relinquishing control on something like that.
I LOVED Reed in his video. I love how he's waving his right hand too.
Reed is so dang big! I love that trick! I miss those days!
YAHOO for you and the conference kit! WOW! That is a great one! I did one this time for the girls in my Laurel's class since I don't have any women that I vt with small children.
Oh, soccer games and stacking! WHY?
Just caught up with your blog - sorry about the surgeries! Hang in there!
Stop it--he is so cute I'm almost tempted to have another. Of course I would need a new husband and mental hospital insurance, but he is soooo cute!
Post a Comment