Monday, February 02, 2009

So He Claims

Today when I picked the kids up from school, Nathan was unusually hyper. He was jumping around waiting in line with a huge mischievous grin on his face. When he got in the van he was screaming, 'I have NO idea how this happened!' I'm still saying, yeah right! How do you not notice when your pant leg rips open and almost completely off? Just another saga with him and his clothes at school. Remember this? Kind of annoying as this was a pair of jeans that still fit him. The others he's waiting for a flood. Maybe all they need is a little patch, ha!

{Don't you love that he 'posed' for this photo. He said he knew it was 'going on your blog'. Man he's smart. :) }

Truth Revealed at bedtime....
So tonight after FHE, Milo says to me, he tore those pants, they didn't tear like that. Ask him to tell you the story again. I went to Nathan and ask him to tell me just how it all happened and to show me how they ripped. We were alone so he was a little more relaxed and not so 'funny' acting like he was this afternoon with the other kids listening.

It was so funny, he knew he was caught. He showed me that they tore straight across his knee first but he wouldn't say he was the one that tore them all the way down. So I asked him if someone else tore his pants. No, no he said he was the one that did it but didn't want to tell me because he knew they were a good pair of school pants. Argh, they were! I'm pretty sure Milo figured out how the pants 'ripped' because he may or may not have had similar ripped pants as a little boy? Ha ha! Like Father like son!!

17 comments:

Chandra said...

This one cracked me up. THat kid is to clever. Who knows what he will do to end up on your blog. Better keep an eye on that boy.

Granny DeeAnn said...

OK maybe a 'little rip' but that one is pretty big to not know when it happened! I mean didn't he feel the breeze? I keep saying, "Nathan is one of a kind." This is proof!

Jill said...

Wow, that beats anything my kids have come home with!

I love it that he knew you'd put it on your blog.

Carolyn said...

Haha. I have NO idea how this happened. That is sooo funny.

Laurie said...

So cute and clever of him to know he'll be on the blog.

What?! House sale? I missed that somehow. That's exciting! Hope your hopes are fulfilled!

Thanks for letting us know Blurb is back in business! Whew...need to get on that. Can you imagine losing your blog?!

Becky Noftle said...

He sounds innocent to me--I totally believe him!

Amy said...

I would have been so mad! And then I would have written it up exactly like that on my blog. Why are they funniest when they've just done something aggravating?

donna said...

Nathan and Ian would get along great. Ian has some jeans that look like Nathan's jeans. Oh and when i asked Ian what happen to his jeans? He said "I have NO idea how this happened!".

Shaila Lou said...

Man, you've been busy, I neglected blog reading last week, I get on today and you have 5!

Mom and I read this post last night together. He's so funny. I figured he must have done the tearing himself! Such a curious boy!

KJones said...

ILOVE his grin!! So cute!! Lisa

Bond Girl 007 said...

how funny...clever clever clever!

jenny said...

It's hard not to read this without laughing especially at that face! We have one of those in our house as well :)

Melinda said...

That is so frustrating when things like this happen. I always want to say, don't you realize how much things cost??

Thanks for letting us know about blurb. I need to get working.

becca said...

I thought I already commented here?! I think I am losing it! Anyway....that is pretty funny. He is such a cute boy! I remember my little brother ALWAYS had rips in the knees of his pants. The very first day with a new pair...he would come home with holes. It drove my mom nuts!! I guess that is what I have to look forward to with a boy huh?!

And horray for blurb!! That is just another of my projects that I never seem to work on!

michelle said...

That is hilarious that he had NO idea how it happened! Oh man. I always get mad when Lucas rips a hole in his school pants... you're a good mom to laugh about it, Melanie!

Holly said...

How funny! Little boys are amazing! I swear they don't make pants like the used to though! Cut them off and they will be great summer shorts!

The Gang said...

Thanks for the comment but just so you feel a bit better I snoop on your blog too! :) Now we're both out and its no longer snooping right! Your blog is so funny, I laugh everytime I read it!!